Not taking applications
Are you good with your hands? Do you like fixing things? Do you want more than just a job? If so, our Process Operator Apprenticeship at Trafford Park could be just for you.
About the role
Our Trafford Park site houses, one paper machine and three converting lines. Converting lines turn semi-finished goods manufactured by the paper machines into the finished product for onward despatch to a variety of customers. The site runs 24/7, manufacturing products for the consumer goods market with Cushelle and Plenty being two of the leading brands made on site.
What you will do
As a process operator apprentice, you will be educated over a two-year period to operate the machinery both safely and effectively. This will include:
- Understanding the importance of health and safety
- Carrying out preventative maintenance – inspections, cleaning, lubrication
- Completing audits – checking parameters, reading gauges
- Making mechanical changes with the use of hand tools
- Understanding key manufacturing systems, including an awareness of production costs
- Contributing to maintaining the quality of the products we manufacture
- Supporting the wider operational teams on site
You will study for a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification in Performing Engineering Operations. This course will be undertaken whilst working on the job, with the support of an assessor. Day to day you will have the support of a dedicated mentor who will support you through your apprenticeship, ensuring you gain the skills required to be considered for appointment to a permanent role on completion of your apprenticeship.
Our Process Operator Apprenticeship will equip you with the skills you need to become an expert in your field. This is a fantastic opportunity to earn while you learn.
Who are you?
We would love to hear from you if you have;
- The ability to work well under pressure
- A logical and methodical approach to problem solving
- A positive attitude
- A willingness to learn, with the drive to succeed
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- A passion to work with your hands
You'll need to be 18 years old to be considered for this apprenticeship due to the requirement to work shifts. The shift pattern is planned in advance, and you will be working 4 x 12-hours shifts (2-days and 2 nights) followed by 6 days off-shift.
What we can offer you
In return we offer an excellent starting salary, plus competitive pension scheme, health cash plan, annual bonus earning potential and access to a reward portal.
We’re looking for people who embody our values, aren’t afraid to challenge, innovate, experiment, and move at a fast pace. We’re always looking for ways to improve our products and ourselves. So, if you have a passion for understanding how things work and are looking to secure a strong step into an industry which will provide you with many future career opportunities, we’d love to hear from you.
We will shortlist your application based on you demonstrating how you meet the behaviours that are important to us.
For those shortlisted, interviews will take place during March and April.
Your start date if successful will be April or May 2020.
More About Trafford Park, Manchester
Trafford Park Mill is located between the M60 and central Manchester, with Eccles train station within walking distance, or a free staff car park for those that have their own transport.