This Apprenticeship is based in Bristol. Entry requirements for this role are 120 UCAS points (for qualifications achieved after 2017) or 300 UCAS points (for qualifications achieved before 2017).
Mace has joined with Turner & Townsend and our strategic partner EY, to form Paragon - a joint venture to provide the role of Commercial Delivery Partner to Defence Equipment & Support (DE&S).
DE&S are a vital part of the Ministry of Defence, which manage and deliver complex projects that equip and support the UK’s Armed Forces through both current and future operations.
You could be involved in a vast array of exciting projects, varying in scale and budget, from procuring supplies to submarines, from helmets to helicopters. Consequently, projects can last from months to decades and budgets from thousands to billions. This is a great opportunity to start a career in managing procurement working with a high profile client.
As a Procurement Apprentice you will be based in the DE&S offices in Bristol, supporting the work in managing significant procurement and purchasing activity including:
· assisting the development and implementation of contract management plans, compliance and obligations matrices
· working with colleagues to manage how suppliers are delivering on contracts for goods and services.
· carrying out Contract Management, filing and contract administration activities.
· general administration, booking visitors, meeting rooms, and arranging facilities for events;
· preparing data and information to support management decisions in regards to selecting suppliers
You will be supported in studying and working towards achieving a Level 4 Diploma from the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS), which can then lead to full membership and Chartered Status.