LEO Multi Academy Trust is seeking to extend its highly successful apprenticeship programme by appointing a Professional Accounting Apprentice. This is an exciting new role within our Trust and is an ideal opportunity for anyone wishing to explore a career working in a finance department. The Finance department is headed up by the CFO, supported by the Finance Manager, 4 Finance Officers and 3 office apprentices. In addition there is a separate payrollHR department with 3 staff.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the primary responsibility of the Professional Accounting Apprentice will be to assist the Finance Manager to provide an effective and efficient financial service for the Trust. and suppliers. This full-time apprenticeship position will be based at the Trust’s Central Office. The salary for this role is £7 per hour, for 30 hours a week, of which 20% will be for studying. Actual working hours will be agreed on appointment.
Roles and Responsibilities (under the guidance of a mentor)
- Provide assistance to the Finance Officer.
- Daily Bank reconciliations including posting and allocations
- Transaction processing
- Support with external and internal audit
- Manage sales and purchase ledger.
- Prepare accounts to trial balance.
- Create and maintain spreadsheets.
- Assist with payroll queries and with credit control.
- Provide administrative assistance Weekly
- A*-C/9-5 level and A Level Maths or similar qualification is desirable.
- Base level accountancy qualifications or experience desirable.