Professional Cookery NVQ Level 2
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
- College Courses
- Level 2
- Gap Year
- Professional Qualifications
- Gap Year
- Hospitality and Catering
- Hotel Management
PROFESSIONAL COOKERY NVQ DIPLOMA LEVEL 2
This Certification is a craft diploma (you will get NVQ Diploma Level 2) and could be also a stepping stone to go to university. It builds the foundation for a career as a professional chef and allows you to develop across all areas of professional expertise. If you live outside London, the College offers accommodation and the possibility to work for a Catering Company in the meantime you are studying.
WHO ARE THEY FOR
Especially convenient for the ones who didn’t get their A-Level or don’t want an academy route, this Cookery Course could be considered as a Gap Year or an alternative route to university.
These qualifications are aimed at learners interested in hospitality and catering. It is both for new entrants and also for those already working in hospitality and catering.
- During the Professional Cookery course, you will also take other supporting qualifications to back up your professional training.
- City & Guilds Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery
- RIPH Level 2 Health & Safety Certificate
- RIPH Level 2 Food Safety Certificate
- City & Guilds Level 2 Award in the Principles of Nutrition in Food Production
With this qualification, you can enter immediate employment as a Commis Chef.
You could work:
- Hotels and Fine dining restaurants
- Other restaurants and catering outlets that serve freshly prepared and cooked food, which could include:
- Production kitchens for airline catering
- Events catering
- Catering sites
- Catering to employees, clients or customers.
- Residential Catering/ Schools
Morning 8:45am-12:20pm Practical Training Cookery
Afternoon: 1:00-5:30 Theory Classes
- Maintain a safe, hygienic and secure working environment (3 Credits)
- Maintain, handle and clean knives (3 Credits)
- Working effectively as part of a hospitality team (3 Credits)
- Maintain food safety when preparing, storing and cooking food (4 Credits)
Plus optional Units
- Prepare meat for basic dishes (4 Credits)
- Prepare poultry for basic dishes (4 Credits)
- Prepare vegetables for basic dishes (4 Credits)
- Employment rights and responsibilities in the hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism sector (2 Credits)
- Cook and finish basic meat dishes (5 Credits)
- Cook and finish basic poultry dishes (5 Credits)
- Cook and finish basic vegetable dishes (4 Credits)
- Prepare, cook and finish basic soups (4 credits)
- Prepare, cook and finish basic bread and dough products (5 Credits)
- Prepare, cook and finish basic pastry products (5 Credits)
- Prepare cook and finish basic hot sauces (4 Credits)
- Prepare, cook and finish basic cakes, sponges, biscuits and scones (5 Credits)
- Prepare, cook and finish basic cold and hot desserts (4 Credits)
- One to one coaching with Professional Mentor
- CPD sessions- Continual Professional Development
- Visiting hotels and Restaurants, Contract Caterers to gain insight
- Teamwork, developing positive working relationships with others
- Opportunity to enter national competitions in your field of work
- Placement opportunities with famous chefs
- On-line learning and testing programme