APPRENTICESHIP START DATE
15th March 2021
FINAL INTERVIEW DATE
11th January 2021
The C4 Apprenticeship Programme
Our Apprenticeship programme is designed to provide work experience and a related qualification to people leaving formal education and who have decided to pursue an Apprenticeship rather than attend University.
Our Apprenticeships are full-time, with four days per week spent working in a C4 department and one day per week completing the formal learning parts of the Apprenticeship. Our Apprentices have external tutors who deliver workshops and seminars to them and offer support throughout the apprenticeship. It is essential for Apprentices to be able to balance their work and learning time and commit to delivering what is required for the formal learning elements in order to successfully achieve the qualifications on completion.
The formal training provided will consist of workshops, tutorials, webinars, coaching and in some cases residential boot camps. The training is dependent on the qualification your apprenticeship offers and will be explained in detail by the training provider before you officially begin the course. Due to COVID there could be some changes in the way that training is delivered, for example it may be virtually rather than in person. You can read more about the qualification being offered for this apprenticeship below.
Am I eligible to apply?
- You must be 18 years old or over at the time the scheme starts to apply. There is no upper age limit.
- You cannot already have a similar qualification at the same or higher level than what is being offered on this apprenticeship. For example, you are not eligible to apply for this role if you have a TV/Film related degree or a L3 qualification in Creative Media.
The Programme Information team is part of Content Management, a business-critical, responsive department that performs a wide range of tasks to support the delivery of our channels’ programmes, on TV and on All 4.
The Programme Information team is responsible for publishing the following information for all Channel 4 programmes, for all of our channels and for All 4:
- TV listings (for print and online listings publications, e.g. the Radio Times)
- EPGs (TV on-screen guides)
- Programme descriptions on All 4
This apprenticeship would really suit someone who:
- Is passionate about content writing
- Wants to a pursue a career in journalism/content creation
- Who has an incredibly strong written communication style
- Management, editing and publication of certain editorial metadata for listings, EPGs and All 4 content
- Providing assistance to Programme Information Editors, and sometimes deputising for them, when necessary
- Publication of listings and EPGs, including schedules, billings and updates
- Managing the workload efficiently and meeting regular publication deadlines
- Working independently and building relationships with the team, the department and relevant colleagues and contacts
- Developing a good level of understanding of C4 systems and applications
QUALIFICATION OFFERED WITH THIS APPRENTICESHIP
Level 3 Junior Content Producer
LENGTH OF APPRENTICESHIP
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Passionate about writing and content creation
- It is imperative to be able to work with a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent written communication and use of grammar
- Exceptional attention to detail, ability to spot mistakes and proof-read work
- Comfortable using different types of software and an ability to embrace new technology and systems
- Enjoys working to short term deadlines and has a flexible approach to balance competing priorities
- Self-motivated with good time-management skills
- Demonstrates high level of initiative and makes suggestions for improvement
- Comfortable interacting with a wide variety of people both inside and outside of C4
- Able to build relationships with colleagues in different locations
- Is able to handle situations sensitively and understands the importance of diplomacy
- An appreciation of the role of programme information and its influence on viewers
- Understanding and passion for the Channel 4 brand and remit
If you need to relocate in order to take up this opportunity, we can offer you support towards the financial costs of moving. This includes a contribution towards your deposit and first months’ rent, plus visits to your new city to look for accommodation.
Benefits- There are a million reasons why it’s great to work at Channel 4, here are just a few of the perks for you;
• 26 days annual leave (including a day off for your birthday)
• Company funded Private Medical Insurance
• A generous Group Personal Pension
• Access to our flexible benefits scheme including dental, travel insurance, health screenings and more!
Applications Close Date- 01 Nov 2020
Application questions to complete
To complete your application please provide a response to the below application questions, you can upload your response to the application questions as an attachment when submitting your application. This can be attached to your application as a PDF or Word document.
Please outline how you meet the ‘Essential Experience & Skills’ outlined in the Job Description (Max 500 words)
- Tell us which Channel 4 programme you most enjoy and why (Max 150 words)
- What information would encourage you to watch a particular TV programme? (Max 150 words)
- Provide a link to a recent piece of content you have created that you are proud of (this can be on any topic, it doesn’t have to be TV related)
- Sum yourself up in an EPG-length synopsis (Max 189 characters)