Throughout the life cycle of our products, it takes a range of people and skills to design and craft and deliver what we do to our end customer – and one of the most integral roles comes from our Project Management office.
Project Management and Project Control work simultaneously with each other to deliver programmes of work and projects to customers and end users on time, within budget and to the agreed specification. And we have a unique and bespoke apprenticeship within this team to help us to continue to deliver our products in the future.
Working with partners throughout our organisation in a fast paced exciting and changing environment, you will be at the very centre of the project - Capturing updates and information from all areas of the business - at all levels - to determine what to do next on a given project. Through this programme, our apprentices will develop the skills required to effectively plan and control multi-million pound projects!
This is a brand-new opportunity dedicated to the development and enhancement of successful planning and project control within MBDA. But you’ll be joining an organisation with a great track record of delivering successful apprenticeship programmes.
From looking at projects in assessment phases to those in manufacturing and development you’ll get a full insight to all the different stages of the missile lifecycle.
Our team promotes innovative thinking and coming up with new ideas and embracing them so there will be plenty of opportunity for you to make your own contribution.
You’ll be trained on how to deliver specific tasks on a defined project and, as you gain in confidence and knowledge, given the responsibility to deliver more and more projects.
You’ll build a strong network across the business right from the beginning working with the Business team. This will include Project Managers and our Commercial team as well as Manufacturing, Technical and Engineering teams so you’ll learn a great deal of all aspects of our business and our products. There is the opportunity to work with the Ministry of Defence and some of our Customers as well.
- This apprenticeship is a 3 year programme where you will study for a Level 3 Diploma in Project Control Practice at London Metropolitan College in Surrey.
- Study on this programme will be a blend of virtual and face to face.
- Study at College will take place one day per week in Surrey, the remainder of the week will be split between time onsite at Stevenage and working and studying from home.
- You’ll experience a placement with our Business & Project Management team to see a slightly different area of Project Management, and within the Project Management Office for you to see all aspects of Project Management in MBDA.
- Training will be provided on all the essential programmes we use– such as Primavera, SAP and ARM. Through this training you’ll be able to plan at a detailed level, collect and assign costs across all parts of a programme and capture identify and mitigate risk.
- This apprenticeship could lead on to Project Control and Planner positions, ultimately progressing to Project Control Managers.
This role has specific qualification level and subject criteria - please make sure you carefully check your eligibility against this criteria as we cannot consider applications from anyone that does not meet the following requirements:
5 x GCSE qualifications at Grade 4 or higher, to include Maths and English.
All graduates, undergraduates and apprentices at MBDA are required to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to their respective role. Some roles, may be reserved for UK nationals and certain categories of information may be restricted to UK nationals also. To gain suitable clearance individuals will need to have lived in UK for up to 5 years dependent on the level of clearance required
Rewards and Benefits
You'll no doubt have seen all the information on our website about our comprehensive and customisable benefits package, such as our fantastic flexi system. For a reminder of all the benefits you could enjoy click here.
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.