Project Management Apprentice - Yorkshire Water - West Yorkshire
Not taking applications
- Health & Safety
- Employability Skills
- Project Management
- West Yorkshire remove
Project Management Apprentice
Ref no.: 2455
Region: West Yorkshire
Salary: Competitive salary, plus pension, 25 days holiday, bonus
To help us achieve our vision of "taking responsibility for the water environment for good" we are currently recruiting for a Project Management Apprentice.
As a Yorkshire Water apprentice, you will be expected to gain technical skills and expertise, as well as developing your personal and business competencies.
What do we do?
The Business Support Group, Programme Delivery Department is accountable for managing a large portfolio, £50million per year, of capital funding investment in IT, Innovation, Fleet, Telemetry and other areas. We provide a level of Programme and Project management service to enable the delivery of the BSG Portfolio of work to time, cost and quality for our internal and external customers.
What will your role involve?
·Working with the Programme Delivery management team to understand the portfolio of projects and departments purpose. This will include:
o Understanding the need to deliver projects to time, cost and quality, as well as learning the interrelationship between these three factors.
o Appreciating the need for project plans and learning the techniques needed to create a robust project plan.
o Understanding the importance of financial budgets and learning the techniques needed to work within and report on a project budget.
o Demonstrating an appreciation for Stakeholder Management and Communication and understanding the importance this has within project management.
· Managing simple projects across Business Support Group and other Business Units.
· Promoting new ideas, innovation and thinking to the Programme Delivery Management team.
· Taking the initiative for your personal development, seeking out opportunities to go above and beyond your role.
What we expect from you?
· Be prepared to attend college to complete all academic elements of the Apprenticeship Programme.
· To complete all work task to the best of your ability and in accordance with our policies and procedures and observe the terms and conditions of employment.
· To be an active member of the Yorkshire Water Apprentice Group, working co-operatively with other apprentices and always setting excellent standards for yourself and others
· At all times to behave in a safe and responsible manner and in accordance with the Health and Safety and Equality legislation relating to the individual responsibilities and to promote and act in the Employer’s best interests.
· Be self-motivated, always willing to learn new skills and take pride in everything you do.
What Qualifications can I gain?
This programme will last up 24 Months and combines both college-based and work-based qualifications. Further study options will be considered upon completion of the programme dependent upon business requirements. Upon completion of the programme you will receive a Level 4 Project Management Qualification (PMQ) and will be eligible to become student members of the Association for Project Management (APM).
· You must have or be expecting at least GCSE A*- C/ 4-9 or above including English Language and Mathematics to satisfy the requirements of our training provider. You must also be qualified to A-Level standard A*-C.
About Yorkshire Water:
Everyone has an idea of what a water company does. Here in Yorkshire we make sure that all 5.2 million people living in the region have clean safe drinking water on tap and their waste water taken away. But for us it's so much more than this.
We care passionately about the environments and communities in which we work; we always look for new innovative ways to do things that deliver great value for our business and deliver the service our customers want and expect.
Our customers are at the heart of what we do and how we do things. We work best as a company to deliver this when we work together - team work, creativity, enthusiasm and passion are inherent within our 3000 people who work 24/7 365 days a year to keep Yorkshire's water flowing.
We are a business that has its eye on the future, planning ahead to look after Yorkshire's water, today, tomorrow and always.
Yorkshire Water values equality, diversity and inclusion we celebrate and support difference and believe that everyone should be treated with respect. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of gender, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, religion or belief and trade union membership.
Yorkshire Water reserve the right to close this position before the published closing date, should the need occur. We therefore advise that you complete and submit your application as soon as possible.Sign-up or log in to apply