Employment Type: Full Time – Permanent
Salary: £18,000 per annum + Bonus Schemes + Benefits
Start Date: September 2020
QinetiQ is a leading science and engineering company operating primarily in the defence, security and critical infrastructure markets. We offer our customers world-class expertise through our services and innovative technology-based products. Our people proactively understand our customers’ current and future needs and create and enable solutions at greater pace to meet current, adjacent and emergent threats. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Project Managers work directly in the business units, collaborating with our customers and our internal teams of experts to deliver cutting-edge solutions to performance, cost and time objectives. They help define the scope of a project, assist in planning how to deliver it, and then manage all resources to turn the plan into a reality. Project Managers have excellent communication and time management skills, the ability to foresee risks and overcome issues, and the determination to see projects through to a successful conclusion.
Our Project Management Apprenticeships provide a structured introduction to the profession, allowing you to combine academic studies with on-the-job learning. As your skills develop, you will take on progressively more responsibility until you are a fully qualified and highly competent QinetiQ Project Manager, overseeing one of our many engagements with our diverse customer base.
Role Duties & Responsibilities
You will be responsible for;
- Supporting the project team in delivery of the project outputs, to an agreed contractual baseline (customer satisfaction, time, cost, quality, cash and sales)
- Development and maintenance of positive engagement with project customers, partners and suppliers.
- Operating in a Safe & Secure manner
- Embedding a culture in line with the QinetiQ values
- Assisting the Project Manager in resolving conflicts (including prioritisation calls) within the project and collaborating across QinetiQ
- Assisting the project team in maintenance of forecasts (both financial and resource demand signal) for sales and delivery which reflects the up-to-date expectations for the work
- General support in the application of governance requirements (including lifecycle, project & independent reviews as appropriate) for foundation sales and delivery work
- Assisting the project team in reporting progress on all accountabilities to Programme / Portfolio Manager (or their delegate)
- Supporting the project team to ensure correct entry of data onto SAP CRM relating to opportunities, and maintain this data to reflect any changes in key inputs
To apply for the role you MUST meet the below criteria;
- Attained or on track to attain a minimum of a Grade C in 3 A-levels, including 1 Business or STEM related subject
- Show a passion for understand how business process work and opportunities to improve
- Be willing to learn, and have demonstrated an aptitude for learning at pace
- Have excellent interpersonal skills
- Full British Citizenship
Please be aware that this role is subject to both security & export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that you must hold full British citizenship and obtain the right to stay and work within the UK. Restrictions may also mean that any dual or previous nationalities held can affect the roles in which you can perform within QinetiQ.
As well as the opportunity to work in a company at the forefront of the technology sector providing Safety Engineering skills, you will also receive:
- Flexible Employee Benefits
- Annual Salary Review
- Company bonus scheme
- Performance incentive bonus scheme
- Individual reward scheme for their contribution to our business
- Recognition Scheme, volunteering - helping charities & local communities
- Up to 50% discount on meals across a wide range of restaurants
- Up to 15% off high street stores and 40% off cinema tickets
- Buy annual leave, flexible working, social events, employee assistance 24/7
- Gym and sports facilities on larger sites
- 25 days standard annual leave + bank holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension contribution scheme
- Much more (which can be explained during your application phase).