QinetiQ IT Apprenticeship 2018
Not taking applications
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
QinetiQ IT Apprenticeship
IT Support Apprentice
Alongside your apprenticeship training you will:
• Provide 1st line technical support; answering support queries via phone, email and visits into the Service Desk
• Log all calls on the call logging system
• Take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues
• Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
• Support users in the use of IT equipment by providing necessary training and advice
• Allocate more complex calls to the relevant IT Team
• Arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in-house
In addition to the above you will spend time rotating in other IT teams, in line with your future IT aspirations.
Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office is desirable
A proven keen interest and passion for IT
Must have GCSE A* - C or Grade 4 and above in Maths, English Language, IT and 2 others or equivalent qualifications
Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills
Strong written and oral communication skills
Attention to Detail
Conscientious and thorough
This is a 2 year apprenticeship programme.