QTS Electronics Level 3 Apprenticeship
Location: Ashford, Kent
Employment Type: Full Time – Permanent
Salary: £13,000 Per annum + Bonus Schemes + Benefits
Start Date: September 2020
QinetiQ Target Systems (QTS) is a world leading provider of unmanned air, land and surface vehicle targets for live training and weapon system test and evaluation. QTS is part of QinetiQ Group plc, a leading science and engineering company operating primarily in the defence, security and critical infrastructure markets. QTS design and develop threat representative targets and special mission platforms at our manufacturing facilities in Ashford UK and Alberta, Canada and they support these platforms with a field service capability honed for decades on military ranges worldwide. Why don’t you join one of the world’s finest target providers and complement our already successful team.
In this area we are looking for an apprentice wanting a career in and around a manufacturing/engineering environment with particular focus in Electronics. You will develop the skills needed to contribute to the delivery of a wide range of products in support of programmes for military, government and commercial customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
You could be responsible for:
- To assemble production electronic circuit boards (PCB’s).
- To build wiring harnesses.
- To assemble mechanical assemblies.
- To use hand tools and pillar drills for basic light metal work.
- Assemble prototype electronic, mechanical and wiring assemblies.
- To carry out general stores duties including record keeping and stock checks.
- To carry out additional tasks as directed by Electronic Supervisor or his/her deputy.
- To comply with Company Quality procedures
- The use of automated test equipment
To apply for this role it is desirable you meet the following criteria;
- A good level of competency in Microsoft Word/Excel.
- Be willing to learn, and have demonstrated an aptitude for learning
- Have a keen interest in electronics
- Grade 4 / GCSE C, in Maths, English and a design / technology
- Be a great communicator and team player
As well as the opportunity to work in a company at the forefront of the technology sector you will also receive:
- Flexible Employee Benefits
- Annual Salary Review
- Recognition Scheme, volunteering - helping charities & local communities
- Up to 50% discount on meals across a wide range of restaurants
- Up to 15% off high street stores and 40% off cinema tickets
- Buy annual leave, flexible working, social events, employee assistance 24/7
- Gym and sports facilities on larger sites
- 25 days standard annual leave + bank holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Much more!