Location: Ashford, Kent
Employment Type: Full Time – Permanent
Salary: £13,000 Per annum + Bonus Schemes + Benefits
Start Date: September 2020
QinetiQ Target Systems (QTS) is a world leading provider of unmanned air, land and surface vehicle targets for live training and weapon system test and evaluation. QTS is part of QinetiQ Group plc, a leading science and engineering company operating primarily in the defence, security and critical infrastructure markets. QTS design and develop threat representative targets and special mission platforms at our manufacturing facilities in Ashford UK and Alberta, Canada and they support these platforms with a field service capability honed for decades on military ranges worldwide. Why don’t you join one of the world’s finest target providers and complement our already successful team.
In this area we are looking for an apprentice wanting a career in and around a manufacturing environment with particular focus in Fitter Welder/Fabricator activities. You will develop the skills needed to contribute to the delivery of a wide range of products in support of programmes for military, government and commercial customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
You could be responsible for:
- Manufacture and assemble all metal fabrications ie ferrous and non-ferrous using appropriate equipment and processes provided, for example MIG, TIG, Electric Arc, Guillotine, Folder, Drill etc.,
- Manufacture from drawings and to identify where improvements in function, efficiency and quality can be achieved.
- Work in co-operation with all departments in the Production facility and show by results, an adequate standard of skill training of personnel.
- Maintain a consistent standard of work and performance to satisfy the Company Quality Assurance manual.
- Ensure goods are cost effectively manufactured and meet the quality standard of the company.
- Perform all duties relating to the position held and additional tasks as directed by the Production Manager or his / her deputies.
To apply for this role it is desirable you meet the following criteria;
- Grade 4 / GCSE C, in Maths & English
- Be willing to learn, and have demonstrated an aptitude for learning
- Have a keen interest in manufacturing and engineering
- Be a great communicator and team player
As well as the opportunity to work in a company at the forefront of the technology sector you will also receive:
- Flexible Employee Benefits
- Annual Salary Review
- Recognition Scheme, volunteering - helping charities & local communities
- Up to 50% discount on meals across a wide range of restaurants
- Up to 15% off high street stores and 40% off cinema tickets
- Buy annual leave, flexible working, social events, employee assistance 24/7
- Gym and sports facilities on larger sites
- 25 days standard annual leave + bank holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Much more!