At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person!
Where you start with us doesn't determine the course of your career. So many of our people develop themselves beyond their wildest imaginations, both in terms of their roles and the countries they've worked in.
AstraZeneca’s apprenticeship scheme offers you an opportunity to learn within a multi-national company gaining useable skills whilst collaborating alongside industry specialists and professionals.
In addition to gaining valuable working experience you will have the opportunity to study towards professional qualifications dependent on your chosen department whilst earning a competitive salary.
We are offering a Quality Assurance role in the following:
- Quality Assurance Support Officer – this role has a very practical emphasis on drug sampling, drug archiving and package components testing. The role will be based in a QA sampling facility, Office and Site Archive and ensure the drugs manufactured at the site are safe for consumption and comply with industry standards.
You'll gain transferable core skills and knowledge, in addition to gaining skills specific to the working practices of the team. The requirements of the Apprenticeship are designed to offer stretch and progression.
Further training as required will be confirmed at the start of the training plan. Training to be part of the contracted hours making up the working week. You'll be working towards a Level 5 qualification. Typically, this will be a Foundation Degree in an Applied Bioscience.
Essential skills/capabilities required:
- Good communication skills
- Good team working skills
- High organisation skills and confidence to work independently
- Logical thinking to be able to apply processes
- Ability to apply a rational approach to problem solving; making judgements based on sound reasoning, approaching problems in a logical manner
- Concerns for standards
- High numeracy and literacy skills
- Computer literacy
- The ability to learn
- Five GCSEs (or equivalent) grades 9-4 including Maths, English and Science; plus
- To have achieved or predicted to achieve 2 A Levels (or equivalent) at grade C or above (64 UCAS points) including Chemistry and/or Biology and/or Applied Science depending on which apprenticeship you to hope to study
To apply for this position, please click the apply link.
This is a 3 year Fixed Term Contract opportunity based at Macclesfield offering £15,000 starting base salary + 11% benefits fund + bonus.
Opening date of advert: 4th January 2021
Closing date of advert: 19th March 2021
Successful candidates will be notified after the closing date and will be asked to attend a virtual Assessment day on 26th April 2021.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments or accommodations, please let us know on your application.
These positions are not open to those already educated to Bachelors degree level or above – for which we have specific Graduate Programmes, see our website for more details.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.