Quantity Surveying - Commercial Management Apprenticeship - London
What is Commercial Management?
Commercial Managers are predominantly based on site and are responsible for managing the project’s finances and commercial position throughout the lifecycle of the project. The role of the commercial manager in contracting covers all financial aspects of a project, from bidding for work through to the close out of final accounts when the project is completed. This involves procurement of works and the subsequent management of costs through the design and construction phase.
This is a site based role and you will be assigned to one project.
As an Apprentice Commercial Manager you will be assisting the Senior Commercial Manager with a variety of responsibilities, including:
- Producing monthly applications for payment
- Raising interim payment certificates (IPC’s) for sub-contract packages
- Administering interim statement of accounts (ISA)
- Updating cash flow forecasts
- Assisting in the internal cost reporting process
- Procuringof sub-contract packages which includes carrying out reviews, comparisons and assessments of tender returns
- Attending mid and post tender meetings with potential sub-contractors and suppliers
- Drafting of sub-contract documentation
- Managing the cost of construction packages (E.g. demolition work, roofing and cladding) including assessing/reviewing variations costs
- Settling of final accounts with supply chain
You will be sponsored through a five-year part-time BSc degree in quantity surveying. We will provide support and mentoring to develop your experience and achieve Membership of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors in about six years after you start work.
Commercial Management apprenticeships are available in London and Greater London.
- Grade BBB from three A Levels (or equivalent UCAS points) or a construction-related Level 3 BTEC Diploma at DDM grade or above
- Six GCSEs grade C or above including mathematics and english (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above)
- We welcome qualifications from around the world: IELTS score of 6.0 or Cambridge Proficiency or Advanced Grade C
In addition to the minimum requirements, candidates must have:
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to work effectively in a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in Excel.
- A commitment to delivering all tasks to a high quality standard