RAF Engineering Apprenticeship
The Royal Air Force (RAF) polices the skies, protecting the UK from threats at home while peacekeeping abroad. Our full and spare-time roles offer skills for life, and a chance to play a part in operations around the world – from providing humanitarian aid to preventing a civil war. Without the RAF Engineers this wouldn't happen. We make up approximately 40% of the RAFs manpower.
We have many Engineering roles to choose from delivered by the RAF who are rated as Ofsted Outstanding training providers. The RAF Engineering apprenticeship roles available now are Aircraft Technician Avionics, Aircraft Technician Mechanical, Weapons Technician, Cyberspace Communication Specialist, Communications Infrastructure Technician, Vehicle and Mechanical Equipment Technician, General Technician Workshops, Electrician and Survival Equipment Specialist.
For those with an interest in IT, technology and telecommunications, there is a £5K Joining Bonus on offer to new entrants joining in the apprenticeship role of Cyberspace Communication Specialist. The joining bonus is paid on completion of training and requires 4 years service thereafter. Other Terms and Conditions apply.
Why an RAF Apprenticeship
- RAF apprentices earn over £17,000 (Averaged) in their first year rising to over £20,000 on completion of training.*
- Civilian qualification with a guaranteed RAF job at the end of it.
- You receive dedicated and free on base medical and dental care.
- You’ll receive the very best training with excellent tutor support and mentoring.
- Opportunities for adventurous training and sport whilst being paid.
- Subsidised accommodation and catering.
- 6 weeks paid holiday a year.
- You can apply for any of our Engineering Apprenticeships on predicted results up joining from 16 to 48 years old.
- Access to enhanced discounts with the Defence Discount Service.
- Excellent camaraderie and team ethos.
Search for "RAF Recruitment Benefits" for more info. The list is endless!
To gain an apprenticeship in the RAF you still need to meet all of the entry requirements for whichever role it is for and get through all stages of the application process. You will gain the apprenticeship as part of your phase two (trade) training. Search for these RAF Engineering Apprenticeships on NGtU.
For more information about the role and details of our application process, visit the RAF Recruitment website.
To be directed straight to our site click 'Apply'.