RAF Engineering Apprenticeship
The Royal Air Force (RAF) polices the skies, protecting the UK from threats at home while peacekeeping abroad. Our full and spare-time roles offer skills for life, and a chance to play a part in operations around the world – from providing humanitarian aid to preventing a civil war. Without the RAF Engineers this wouldn't happen. We make up approximately 40% of the RAFs workforce.
We have many Engineering roles to choose from delivered by the RAF who are rated as Ofsted Outstanding training providers. The RAF Engineering apprenticeship roles available now are Aircraft Technician Avionics, Aircraft Technician Mechanical, Weapons Technician, Cyberspace Communication Specialist and Vehicle and Mechanical Equipment Technician.
Why an RAF Apprenticeship
- RAF apprentices earn over £18,000 (Averaged) in their first year rising to over £20,400 on completion of training.*
- Civilian qualification with a guaranteed RAF job at the end of it.
- You receive dedicated and free on base medical and dental care.
- You’ll receive the very best training with excellent tutor support and mentoring.
- Opportunities for adventurous training and sport whilst being paid.
- Subsidised accommodation and catering.
- 6 weeks paid holiday a year.
- You can apply for any of our Engineering Apprenticeships on predicted results up joining from 16 to 47 years old.
- Access to enhanced discounts with the Defence Discount Service.
- Excellent camaraderie and team ethos.
Search for "RAF Recruitment Benefits" for more info. The list is endless!
To gain an apprenticeship in the RAF you still need to meet all of the entry requirements for whichever role it is for and get through all stages of the application process. You will gain the apprenticeship as part of your phase two (trade) training. Search for these RAF Engineering Apprenticeships on NGtU.
The RAF recognises the value of a person’s ability no matter their ethnicity, social background, religion or belief, gender identity, sexual orientation or marital status/civil partnership.
For more information about the role and details of our application process, visit the RAF Recruitment website.
To be directed straight to our site click 'Apply'.