Rail Degree Apprenticeship Programme - Various locations
Not taking applications
Salary- £18,000 p/a
Locations- Bristol, Birmingham, Derby, Manchester, Swindon & York
Start Date: March 2020
Partnering with Sheffield Hallam University Amey Consulting are excited to offer a ground-breaking new Rail Degree Apprenticeship Programme. This is a great opportunity to gain a bespoke rail engineering degree whilst working in a successful business throughout your programme.
About the Degree Apprenticeship
You can grow your career in almost any railway engineering discipline by choosing a degree pathway in either:
- Electrical and Mechanical Engineering (E&M)
- Track & Civil Engineering (C&T)
- Signalling & Telecoms (S&T)
This is a five-year programme. Year one will see you and your fellow Rail Degree Apprentices share the same foundation on the programme before moving on in year two to follow one of these specialisms. Throughout the programme you’ll receive extensive support and mentoring that will see your career thrive within our diverse and dynamic business.
Opportunities are available in one of these Amey Consulting professional design offices across England - Bristol, Birmingham, Derby, Manchester, Swindon & York.
What the programme offers you…
This is a great opportunity to earn whilst you’re learning and without the heavy student debts. You’ll receive:
- A competitive starting salary of £18K, rising after the first six months in line with your progress and achievements
- A fully funded Railway Engineering BEng degree course at Sheffield Hallam University (accommodation and travel expenses for study blocks reimbursed)
- On the job vocational training with a mentor supporting your study to becoming a professional Engineer
- A structured development path leading to a professional engineering position on completion of the programme
- An opportunity to work on real life engineering problems through your work experience on live railway projects from day one
What we’re looking for…
Successful candidates for this role will be: -
- Available to start the programme in March 2020
- Geographically flexible (the role will include occasional travel within the UK, mainly to Sheffield for study blocks)
- Passion for developing your skills both professional and personally
- UCAS points (112) - this must include at least 64 points from two A levels or equivalent BTEC National qualifications including a Mathematics based subject AND at least one other relevant subject - Physics, Physical Science, Engineering Science, Computer Science, Chemistry, other Science/Technology subject
- GCSE - English Language at grade C or 4 & Maths at grade C or 4
What we'll give you in return…
We place great value on all our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we offer a competitive Apprenticeship Programme. We’ll give you first class mentoring and guidance, from the industry experts you’ll be working closely with.
These four areas sum up how we reward our people and what it’s like to work at Amey Consulting.
- Being healthy
- Committing to better
- Embracing different
- Giving back
Who is Amey Consulting?
The demand for better answers to the toughest infrastructure questions requires better thinking. At Amey Consulting, our team of consultants, engineers and designers deliver forward-thinking solutions for many of the world’s biggest asset owners, creating longer-lasting, harder working, better performing and more sustainable assets and transforming the places where we live, work and travel.
From complexity comes simplicity.
From better thinking, better solutions
Amey Consulting is an equal opportunities employer.