Want to train as a nursery nurse? Then this great opportunity at Blythe Bridge Day Nursery for a fixed term 12 month contract could be for you! Your role will be based Stoke-on-Trent to become part of the nursery team. Working as part of a friendly and supportive team, you'll be caring for and meeting the needs of children aged between birth and five years creating a safe environment.
If you're a successful candidate for this position, you'll be trained to work as a member of the nursery team to ensure that all children in attendance receive high quality care, are kept safe and receive rich and stimulating play experiences.
Some of your duties might be to:
- observe, support and extend children's learning
- plan appropriate daily activities for children
- work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members
- demonstrate good practice with regard to special needs and inclusion
- work to continuously improve quality of childcare and education
- maintain accurate and effective records
- follow child protection procedures
- meet the nutritional needs of the children and ensure food safety regulations are complied with
- ensure the nursery is clean and tidy
Training to be Provided
- Childcare Level 2 - 12 MONTHS
- Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young Peoples Workforce
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Mathematics, English and ICT
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities Workbook
- (Work based learning)
- You'll need good communication skills and be comfortable with creative thinking.
- It's helpful if you're confident with children, calm and organised.
GCSE grade C or above in maths and English or equivalent.
- You'll be an outgoing, friendly and caring individual who's capable of working as part of a team.
- You'll be required to follow strict health and safety guidelines to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the children.
When you've successfully completed your Apprenticeship, you may have the opportunity to continue with an exciting career in childcare! The employer wishes the successful candidate to progress onto the level 3 if the right qualities are shown.