Rail Engineering Apprentice- Thales UK Limited
Not taking applications
- Advanced Apprenticeship
- London remove
As a rail engineering apprentice you will be immersed in our rail business, gaining a breadth of experience and learning from experts in the field. With placements in signalling and telecoms, as well as the opportunity to gain your ISRE licence this programme will provide an excellent grounding for anyone wishing to start a career in rail.
Starting in September 2018, you will join the Ground Transportation Systems (GTS) business in London and will enrol onto a Level 3 Rail Technician apprenticeship at PROCAT (Prospects College of Advanced Technology.).
- You will attend college (PROCAT at TUCA, Ilford) on a block release basis where you will continue to enhance your railway education.
- During the 3-years you will achieve the relevant safety accreditation to enable you to work on the railway and will gather experience and evidence to attain an IRSE licence.
- During your work placements you will be part of teams that install, test and maintain signalling and telecomm equipment on the London Underground infrastructure.
- The disciplines that you will be working on will include Fibre optic cabling, copper cabling, Radio, Transmission, fixed block and moving block signalling
- You will also attend an Outward Bound course in the Lake District, as an introduction to the Thales leadership model.
- On completion of the programme you will move into a permanent role within our Ground Transportation Systems business.
- This programme is suitable for someone with strong team working and problem solving skills, and a passion for technology and the rail industry.
- We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who are motivated, committed and keen to learn.
- A self-starter who is able to manage their time, show initiative and has a genuine interest in rail engineering and Thales.
- 5 GCSEs grade A*-C or 5 and above, including maths, English and a science subject
- Right to Work in the UK for the duration of the 3-year programme