The job in a nutshell…
At Home Group, Asset Management is our in house team of property experts. As a Real Estate Degree Apprentice, you’ll gain extensive knowledge of real estate through assisting colleagues with acquisitions, disposals and commercial property management including our operational office portfolio and supported housing properties.
You will be fully funded to complete, and given time to study towards, a BSc (hons) Degree in Real Estate and eventual membership of RICS to become a Chartered Surveyor. We’ll make sure that what you learn at University, you will get to apply on the job in a commercial and practical way, setting you up to achieve great things in your career at Home Group.
What success will look like…
We’re passionate about delivering for our customers and colleagues. As you progress in the role, you’ll play a key role in assisting the delivery of our portfolio strategies across all areas of the Asset Management department. Home Group has an ambitious aim to become 20% more efficient as a business whilst continuing to grow the number of homes in our portfolio.
On acquisitions and disposals you’ll support the team in the identification of opportunities for purchases and sales of properties. Assisting colleagues, you’ll get the opportunity to see these through from inception to completion, gaining insight into valuation and appraisal techniques.
You’ll also gain loads of experience in all aspects of commercial property management
Across all of our activities, managing and engaging with internal and external stakeholders successfully is vitally important. You’ll be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills and develop strong negotiation skills to help you to deliver on your objectives.
As we continue our mission to build homes, independence and aspirations, you’ll provide property advice to colleagues in our Development team, working with them from project inception through to letting homes and incorporating them into our portfolio.
We’re keen to ensure that all of our colleagues have the opportunity to fulfil their potential. During this apprenticeship there will be a strong emphasis on developing the unique requirements to become a Chartered Surveyor and associated general business skills which will be useful throughout your career.
You’ll already have these brilliant skills, qualifications and knowledge…
- 120 UCAS tariff points from a combination of acceptable Level 3 qualifications which may include: A-levels, BTEC Diplomas/Extended Diplomas, Scottish and Irish Highers, Access to HE Diplomas or the International Baccalaureate
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C or equivalent (including English and Maths)
- Absolute commitment to a career in Real Estate
- Confident with time management and self-discipline in relation to study and personal development
- Ability to work on your own initiative with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility in order to develop professionally
- Ability to develop brilliant relationships with others
- Ability to prioritise workloads and thrive under pressure
- Great IT skills and ability to learn new systems quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A readiness to learn how to produce clear and concise reports
- Good numerical skills in order to analyse data such as property values and report on findings
- Ability to deal with sensitive information, maintaining confidentiality
We’d also love you to have, or be brilliant at… (but don’t worry if not)
Ideally you’ll already have some experience of negotiating and influencing colleagues and external stakeholders, but don’t worry if not, you’ll be working amongst a great team who will help you develop these skills.
We’re all accountable for…
Health and Safety of our ourselves and others; put simply this includes taking the time to complete all learning, understanding your role-specific responsibilities, working with reasonable care and taking steps to address and report problems related to Health and Safety.
Taking a proactive approach to your learning and development in order to be the best you can be. This includes understanding and keeping up to date with all of our relevant policies and processes as well as taking advantage of all the learning opportunities and resources available to you … they’re there for a reason but don’t worry, we’ll help keep you informed along the way.
Promoting equality, diversity and inclusion as a top priority at Home Group; leading by example in your actions and demonstrating our Brilliant People behaviours.
Keeping things compliant! You’ll have role-specific and organisational goals but it’s important you take these seriously and keep people and information secure and safe within the scope of doing your bit here at Home Group.