Work as a Reception / Café Assistant in a skatepark with Adrenaline Alley.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Welcoming visitors to the facility, booking participants to the internal system & guiding guests to relevant people.
- Answering incoming telephone calls, determining purpose of callers, forwarding calls to the relevant department.
- Taking & delivering messages or transferring calls to voicemail when the personnel concerned are unavailable.
- Assisting Managers & park staff with duties which include: copying; organizing and/or maintaining files; archiving.
- Ensuring the main telephone system is in operation & reflects park opening & closing times.
- Having the ability to answer questions about the organisation & providing callers with address, directions & other information.
- Receiving, sorting & distributing incoming mail
- Supporting administrative & special projects, when required.
- Superb housekeeping abilities with a good attitude to demonstrating cleanliness & carrying out cleaning duties in all areas of the reception, including storerooms & toilets.
- Other administrative duties and the ability to cover in other areas of the facility when assigned.
- Maintain high customer service standards & assist with serving healthy & presentable meals.
- Use cash tills & kitchen equipment.
- Keep kitchen/café eating areas clean and tidy at all times.
- Ensure tables, chairs, floors, etc. are clean.
- Assist with cleaning & checking hygiene levels in toilets.
- Ensure bins are emptied regularly throughout your shift.
- Keep microwaves, coffee machine & other equipment clean.
- Date label used food in freezers and fridges.
- Re-stock freezers, fridges, drinks & snacks throughout the day & ready for the next shift.
- Recycle rubbish, cardboard, etc. where applicable.
- Ensure dishes are washed, dried and put away throughout your shift & at end of nights.
- Carry out all other duties as required and/or instructed daily.
Training to be provided
This Traineeship opportunity includes work preparation training, Functional Skills maths and English support for those who require it and a high-quality work experience placement.
A traineeship is a skills development programme that includes a work placement. It can last from 6 to 20 weeks depending on your existing qualifications. Our tutors follow you across your program so that you can complete functional skills (math & English if needed) and other professional qualification.
The Traineeship is aimed to give you CV and Interview Skills, real work experience with an employer, and an employer reference at the end of your placement.
A traineeship is a course with work experience that gets you ready for work or an apprenticeship. It can last up to 12 months.
You can apply if you’re:
- eligible to work in England
- unemployed and have little or no work experience
- aged 16 to 24 and qualified below Level 4
- a work experience placement
- help with English and maths (if you need it)
You won’t be paid, but you may be given expenses for things like travel and meals.
You will gain skills and experience that could help build your skill set for future jobs and the potential to extend beyond the 20 weeks into January 2022.
- Essential training includes, Safeguarding; First Aid; Fire Marshall & Food Hygiene L2 (where applicable).
- Preference is for candidates who live in or around the local area.
- Team Player
- 1 available
Possible start date
- 12 Jul 2021
- Mainly weekends. The working week is from Monday – Sunday. A typical shift is from 11:45 – 20:45 but there are other ‘half’ days/shifts to cover. Candidates are expected to work additional hours during Northamptonshire school holiday periods.
- 20 weeks