ABOUT THE ROLE
If a career in housebuilding excites you, exceptional opportunities across a number of our divisions are waiting for you here...
• A career with one of the UK’s leading and award winning housebuilders
• A BSc degree in Construction Management fully funded by us
• Earn money whilst combining first-class training with relevant, hands-on experience
Redrow prides itself on building quality careers, not just quality homes, and we are excited to invite applications for our Sponsored Degree Programme in Construction Management, in partnership with renowned Liverpool John Moore’s University to commence in September 2022.
Our people are at the heart of what we do, and 93% of our employees are proud to work for us. As we continue to grow and push the boundaries of innovation, we’re looking for people who:
• Have or are currently studying for at least 3 A Levels (achieving a minimum of 100 UCAS points) or an equivalent Level 3 Qualification in a construction related subject (e.g. BTEC Construction). Those who are studying for this year should provide their predicted grades in their application.
• Have the potential and ambition to study at degree level, including academic reading, writing and maths skills.
• Are organised and dedicated to balancing working on the job and studying for a degree.
• Demonstrating a genuine passion for the industry and have a “can do” attitude.
Based at one in our regional offices you will have the opportunity to work in the office and on our flagship sites. You will attend 1 week of block release approximately every 6 week period with all accommodation and travel paid by us. Therefore, you should have a full UK driving license with access to a vehicle or be aiming to achieve this before September.
WHY STUDY WITH US?
• Earn as you Learn while being sponsored by Redrow
• Site experience and opportunities to be involved in live projects
• Mentor support from divisional leaders and site management teams
• Additional Training in areas like Customer Service Excellence, Personal Development, IT Systems, Health and Safety, and many other housebuilding related subjects
What makes this degree different to going to University?
You will get exposure to all business areas like Land buying, Quantity Surveying, Design and Engineering and Housebuilding. This will enable you to work with a number of highly skilled professionals across all areas of the housebuilding process and give you a comprehensive understanding into how our award winning homes are built.
WHAT WILL I DO?
Each year there are six block weeks of classroom learning, covering housebuilding skills, assessing quality, project management, health and safety, business skills and negotiation, relevant aspects of law, maths and economics. Alongside this you will be working on the job learning from Redrow business experts.
Assessment methods will include presentations, examinations, coursework and a final year dissertation project.
WHAT BENEFITS WILL I RECEIVE?
• Free travel and accommodation when attending a study block week.
• All the equipment you will need on site (PPE). This includes hard hat, safety boots, goggles and high-vis vests, to keep you safe on site.
• Access to Liverpool John Moore’s University Library and campus facilities. Students receive access to a huge range of online resources and library books to support academic study. You can also access the campus gym and other facilities.
• Your Health and Wellbeing. Access to our Employee Assistance Programme and all other Redrow benefits.
Please complete the online application form along with your CV and a covering letter telling us why you are right for this opportunity. We receive very high numbers of applications for this amazing opportunity, so, what makes you different from the rest? Demonstrate your strengths, the skills you can bring and let us know why joining Redrow is the best route for you.
After you've applied, we'll be sending you important emails throughout the application process – so check your emails regularly, including your junk mail folder.
Redrow is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation or age.