Level 6 Degree Apprenticeship – Quantity Surveying - Warrington
Location – Warrington
John Sisk & Son are in search of enthusiastic career driven individuals, who are keen to work within dynamic projects nationwide. Our apprenticeship routes will provide you with your first step to your career in construction.
Level 6 Degree Apprenticeship in Quantity Surveying
Sisk have partnered with The University College of Estate Management to provide an alternative route for commercial talent entering the organisation. You will be sponsored to achieve a BSc (Hons) in Quantity Surveying during the 5 Year programme and will also become a chartered Quantity Surveyor with the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors.
As a Trainee Quantity Surveyor, working in either our office or site locations, you will gain valuable experience and build your career working as part of our Quantity Surveying team in successfully delivering our projects to ensure that they are financially viable for both Sisk and its clients.
As an Apprentice you will be expected to work 5 days per week with 4 days in the workplace and 1 day allocated to study time.
- Developing an understanding of the procurement process to realise best value whilst maintain quality and safety standards;
- Develop relationships with supply chain partners and Clients;
- Assisting the project teams with measurement, take offs and valuations;
- Assist the project team with the preparation of payment notices, final accounts and interim external valuations;
- Assisting the project teams with the management of costs through the construction phase of the project;
- Valuing the cost of any variations during the construction phase;
- Assist the project team in the efficient management of site records as well as assisting with the collation and preparation of records;
- Develop an awareness of John Sisk & Son commercial processes and understand how these can be used to assist you in your day to day role;
- Develop an awareness of monthly cost and value reconciliation reports and understand how these are used in the reporting cycle of our projects
How will John Sisk and Son support me?
- A competitive salary
- Additional Training as required
- Mentor to guide you to your RICS Chartership
- Predicted or achieved a minimum of 96 UCAS tariff points (2018 Tariff) or 240 UCAS tariff points (2017 Tariff)
- GCSE Grade C or above in English and Mathematics (Grade 4 for applicants holding newly reformed GCSEs in England) or an equivalent Level 2 qualification in English and Mathematics as defined by the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) in England.
- A levels (excluding general studies) with at least one A level in Maths or Science
- BTEC Extended Diploma (180 Credits) or a BTEC National Diploma (120 Credits) in Science, Construction or Engineering
- Have completed an Advanced Apprenticeship in Surveying or an Advanced Apprenticeship in Construction Technical through which a Construction and Built Environment Diploma with a minimum DD profile was obtained or through which a Construction and Built Environment Extended Diploma with a minimum profile was obtained, or an equivalent qualification.
- Have strong numerical skills
- Have the ability to work proactively as part of a team
- Have the ability to plan and prioritise
- Have good attention to detail
- Be eager to learn
- Be a self-starter
- Have good communication skills – verbal and written
- A passion for a career in the construction industry
- Customer orientated
- Keen to learn
- Results focused
- Honest and open
- Health & Safety conscious