If you’re looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
The Relationship Support Officer Apprenticeship - Corporate Banking role is based within HSBC Corporate Banking – Commercial Banking UK.
As a Relationship Support Officer Apprentice you will be employed on a full time basis in the Southampton Corporate Centre.
HSBC Corporate Banking in the UK provides both domestic and international commercial banking services to our existing and prospective clients who have a turnover between 6.5M and 350M
The role of the Relationship Support Officer is to work closely with the Relationship Directors, whilst supporting the bank’s long-term strategy to lead business by establishing and maintaining long term relationships with our clients, treating customers fairly, identifying and delivering solutions to meet their needs, whilst providing excellent customer service.
What is attractive about this role is the diverse and varied duties you would undertake on a day to day basis. Working closely with the Relationship Directors you will gain extensive knowledge of the Corporate Banking structure. The Relationship Support Officer role offers fantastic career progression opportunities within Commercial Banking with a natural progression path into many roles to give you a long and rewarding career
At HSBC we value every member of our team, we take the time to get to know our staff and will support you with professional tailored development opportunities, this includes personal training and internal career opportunities which will allow you to progress with HSBC. We can offer you competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
You’re Apprenticeship with HSBC
- You will work towards and complete a nationally recognised vocational qualification in Providing Financial Services (equivalent to NVQ Level 3)
- You will gain Certificate in Business Banking & Conduct (Cert BB&C®)
Your day-to day responsibilities will include:
- Assisting Relationship Directors in delivering a relationship management service which provides value-added service to customers, prospects and professionals
- Delivering a superior customer experience to both domestic and international customers
- Ensuring processes and procedures are completed accurately is in accordance with Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- Preparation work of credit applications
Qualifications and Requirements
The successful candidate for this role must have:
- Minimum 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) including English and Mathematics at Grade C or above
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Excellent team working skills
- Strong customer focus
- Clear communication skills, both written and verbal
- An ability to forge strong relationships
- Experience of the work place is desirable through volunteering or work experience
- A desire to learn and work at pace with changing priorities
- Be highly proactive and effectively manage your own time
- Be an effective networker with the ability to maintain positive working relationships
The base location of this role is Southampton.
Please note - This role is aimed at school leaver level not graduate.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
The application closing date for the vacancy is 1st April 2018. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as the application window may close earlier if all positions are filled.