Retail Degree Apprenticeship
We’ll make you into a brilliant Retail Manager.
You’ll help make Morrisons.
This 3-year programme will see you thinking quickly on your feet, all to help provide our customers with a great shopping experience in store.
It’s important to remember, and you’ll know as a customer yourself, that retail isn’t Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm. That means your role will involve some early starts or late finishes, night shifts, weekend work and bank holidays.
It may be hard work, but it’s also very rewarding. Let’s tell you how…
What will you be doing?
On the Morrisons Retail Degree Apprenticeship you’ll learn about our store trading operations and systems giving you the skills, knowledge and most importantly experience you need to successfully complete the programme and become a senior manager in one of our stores.
It all starts with a 14 week induction where you will be welcomed to Morrisons and learn about each area of the store operation . During your first few months you will have the opportunity to see the Head Office operation and also during the first year spend a week in Logistics to understand our ‘farm to fork’ mission.
From there you’ll take on a team leader role and month-by-month gain more experience as you move into management roles with more technical training, wider work experience and specific responsibilities.
All this is preparing you to successfully roll-off the programme into one of our level 3 management roles where you’ll be responsible for 10-80 colleagues across your department and the successful contribution to and delivery of your store annual sales, anything between £7.5 and £57million.
Leading by example, as a successful Morrisons Retail Manager, you’ll inspire your colleagues with passion and understanding to ensure they effectively delivers operational routines, get recognised for their contributions and deliver the Morrisons culture in all that they do.
You will be directly contributing to an enhanced shopping experience for OUR customers in YOUR local community.
What can the programme offer you?
You won’t have to choose between starting your career or studying towards a Degree – on this programme you’ll be doing both.
You’ll study toward a BA (Hons) Retail Leadership Integrated Degree with Sheffield Hallam University while preparing for a brilliant management career within our unique food retail business.
Balancing work and a degree course is of course challenging. But, to make it a little easier you can expect a lot of support from us
- All your University course fees are paid for you
- You’ll be earning a competitive salary too, plus fantastic benefits
- We cover your travel costs and provide accommodation for your study blocks in Sheffield
- To make sure study/work is balanced, we’ll offer you at least half a day leave each week to concentrate on your university studies
- And, we’ll support you along the way with weekly 1-2-1’s with your Line Manager, Monthly 1-2-1’s with your Store Manager mentor and Training Manager/Regional People Manager and lastly, bi-annual listening with the Operations Director or Head of People/Talent Lead
What will you need to join us?
- Resilience, determination and good leadership skills
- Flexibility to meet the changing needs of our business
- Capable and proactive with high standards
- Experience of working in a retail or customer facing environment
- A minimum of 104 UCAS points and Level 4 Maths and English GCSEs
Deadline date- 3rd July 2020