Salary- Circa £29,000
If you are looking for an outstanding opportunity to assist in the formalisation of our approach to software testing and work in a dynamic environment, we want to hear from you!
What will you be doing?
Our Software Test Analysts are key in embedding the software testing process and lifecycle. Responsible for creating all testing documentation once the Project Team has handed over the Test Approach, you'll be working cross- functionally and on a variety of exciting projects.
This role will be working across our commercial businesses of Geodesys, digdat and Anglian Water Direct who provide a range of conveyancing searches, digging checks and a range of associated products.
Working closely with Project Managers, Software Development and Application Support, you'll produce project test status reports and participate in Project "Go Live" decision making process with an expectation of identifying risks and identify appropriate mitigation. In addition, you'll participate in Project Lesson Learnt reviews to implement future testing improvements.
Feeding into the overall Project Plan, activities such as time and cost projections, test scenarios, test scripts and preparing and maintaining test plans for execution will form part of your regular work. All your testing activity will be documented to contribute to the development of testing tools and processes to maintain consistency and improve efficiency.
What do you need?
Having previously worked in a Test Analyst role and being ISTQB Foundation certified, your ability to work with limited supervision with tight deadlines and conflicting priorities will be tested. Your previous experience in writing test scenarios and test scripts for business processes and testing web sites, applications and services will see you be a valued member of the team.
You will need to have:
- Ability to write manual test cases from User Stories
- Previous experience in automation testing
- Know how to set up the required testing environment
- Ability to demonstrate full understanding of ISTQB framework & testing methods
- Good test configuration management
- Working knowledge of testing tools such as nUnit, Specflow, Visual Studio and Selenium IDE
- Ability to code in C# and/or Java for test automation
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Ability to provide the Product Owner with clear and evidenced information giving confidence as to whether to go live with a release.
With knowledge and experience of Software Development Lifecycles and best practice software testing standards your continuous improvement mentality and focus and outcomes will be truly satisfied in this varied and tremendous position.
If you are interested in adding value to our team and progressing your career with us, please apply today!
What benefits do we offer?
TIDE is part of the Anglian Water Group, and comprises of three diverse and interesting brands - each operating in an ever-changing and challenging market. On joining TIDE you'll enjoy all the benefits of working for the Anglian Water Group. We believe your salary and bonus should be just the beginning of your reward package so there's nothing basic about the breadth and competitiveness of the benefits we offer.
Some of our benefits include:
- Bonus scheme of up to 10% of your annual salary
- Private health care for you
- 23 days annual leave rising with service
- Competitive pension scheme
- Flexible benefits to personalise your benefits package and support your wellbeing
- Working in a vibrant and modern office
- Plus lots more!
If you are offered a job with us, you'll be subject to the relevant/standard employment checks, including: your right to work in the UK, reference, driving licence and identity check. Depending on your role, you may also be subject to further pre-employment checks.
Closing date: 5 July 2019
Interview dates: Early- Mid July 2019