Salary - £12,500 with incremental salary increases dependent on pre-determined achievements.
Water Recycling is at the heart of our operations. The key services that we are responsible for are delivered by our in-house, highly-skilled workforce. We collect and recycle the water that customers have used in their toilets, sinks, baths and showers, returning it to the environment via rivers and coastal outlets. Our network includes 76,000 kilometres of sewers which feed over 7,000 pumping stations and 1,000 water recycling centres. Would you like to be part of a team who responsible for the safe and sustainable operation and maintenance of our water recycling sewers and drains.
What will you be doing?
You earn while you learn on our 18-24 month Water Engineering Apprenticeship programme as you discover everything there is to know about our Water Recycling Networks process. Working under the expert guidance of an experienced mentor, you'll be one of our front line ambassadors gaining specialised skills and knowledge in operating and maintaining the sewerage systems, and delivering an excellent service to our customers.
It takes hard work and commitment throughout your apprenticeship but you will gain a nationally recognised qualification, valuable practical skills, along with guidance and support from an experienced team.
As a fully qualified Field Technician, you'll be responsible for:
- Responding appropriately to customer reported problems
- Delivering an excellent service to our customers
- Environmental protection from our networks
- Using manual tools and high pressure water jetting to clear blockages in our sewer networks
- Using CCTV to investigate and prevent repeat problems
- Investigation of a variety of different asset related issues
- Participating in a standby rota where appropriate
Once qualified you'll be based at our Whitlingham Sewage Treatment Works, Norwich, NR14 8TZ. Due to the standby requirement of this role, we ask that you live within 30 minutes of the site base.
What do you need?
- 5 GCSEs at grade A*- C or 9 - 4 (or equivalent) including English and Maths
- A real passion for excellent customer service
- Enthusiasm and be keen to learn
- A desire for hands on work
- Natural people skills to work in a team
What benefits do we offer?
Being a successful water company doesn't come easy! Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all of the great work that they do. Some of our benefits include:
- Private health care
- Competitive pension scheme
- 23 days annual leave rising with length of service
- Flexible benefits to support your wellbeing
- Flexible working (dependent on your role)
- Plus lots more!
We are passionate and committed to the learning and development of our people making sure they have the right skills and knowledge to be successful and to help achieve their potential. We also take Health and Safety very seriously in everything that we do.
Closing date: Sunday 5th May 2019
By choosing this Apprenticeship, you are opening the door to a long term and highly rewarding career at Anglian Water. Apply now!