Transport For The North are looking for an HR Apprentice to provide effective support across the HR & Skills Team in providing an efficient and streamlined service.
The role holder will develop skills and experience in order to provide support activities across all areas of the HR & Skills function. The Line Manager will direct duties in the areas of Training. The HR Business Partners will direct duties in the areas of recruitment, employee relations and payroll as required.
Duties in this role will include (but are not limited to):
• Support HR & Skills Team activities following guidance from colleagues to provide professional specialist support to colleagues.
• Design and develop materials or provide information for use by internal audiences to ensure they are well informed and equipped.
• Perform a range of standard administrative tasks to deliver a high-quality service and support the smooth-running of the team.
• Maintain an overview of day to day tasks, responding to routine queries
• Independently collate and analyse data using tools, methods and techniques to produce reports to support the decision-making process.
• Maintain database for HR & Skills, including updating from different sources, checking data, collating and supplying information as instructed.
• Communicate with a wide range of internal/external stakeholders on area of specialism
• Support HR & Skills Team colleagues to ensure the work of contractors and suppliers on a day-to-day basis to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of services to TfN.
• Develop relationships with other professional specialists and collaborate to deliver solutions that benefit all of TfN.
How you will be supported:
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role.
What will happen next:
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there:
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.