Scheduling & Purchasing Administrator - Apprentice - NCS Technology - Maidstone
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
- Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Business & Admin
To assist with associated tasks involved with scheduling projects for engineers. This includes issuing and processing returned job packs. Checking engineers’ timesheets. Monitoring and recording company vehicle details. To assist all works in connection with the timely running of the Company’s installation projects. Particularly purchase ordering and monitoring goods for ‘supply only’ jobs. To assist in the allocation of goods from stock to projects and processing returned goods. All to be carried out in line with Company’s vision.
37.5 Hours per week
Detailed Job Description:
• Planning and scheduling and monitoring projects
• Processing Electrical Test Certificates
• Managing engineers’ skills matrix
• Allocation of labour purchase orders
• Company fleet administration
• Purchase of goods for projects maintaining good supplier relationships
• Liaising with Suppliers and regularly updating product price lists on Company data base
• Create purchase orders and accurately manage and record goods inward using Sage 50
• Accounts App.
• Ensure and maintain checks to verify stock levels for re-ordering are accurate and
• Maintain accurately goods in/delivery calendar. Ensure that goods are checked off in an
• accurate and timely manner and checked for damage and quantity. Update computer system
• to enable accurate stock levels.
• Process and issue received goods to jobs and label for the engineers to pick up.
• Organise and monitor project related equipment on-hire and off-hire.
• Liaise with an agreed customer contact for goods delivered directly to customer site. To
• include packaging condition of received goods, where goods are to be stored and receipt of
• complete bill of materials.
• Liaise with scheduling administrator to guarantee all parts are available for the engineer prior
• to work commencement date.
• Manage the recycling on site ensuring that materials are correctly disposed of in the
• appropriate containers to maximise all recycling possibilities. Notify skip company when skip
• requires to be collected and emptied.
• Manage engineer van stock.
• To carry out regular stock checks including the annual Year End Stock Take.
• To foster constructive and collaborative working relationships with all team members.
• To actively participate in the continuous development and improvement of service delivery.
• To ensure that Company policies and procedures are regularly reviewed to comply with
• legislation and regulatory requirements.
• To carry out other such duties as may be required from time to time.
• Computer literate.
• A good listener and team player.
• Organised, methodical and able to work on own initiative.
• To be able to provide an effective and courteous service.
• A flexible approach to working arrangements ensuring that all work is completed within the
• Allotted time frame.
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour (£3.70 an hour on April 1st, 2018). This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.05 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £7.50 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close earlyApplication closed