Brief overview of the role
SCL want YOU! SCL are recruiting for a School Sport Apprentice. The School Sport Coach Apprenticeship offers an exciting opportunity to gain experience in a fun working environment whilst working towards a Level 3 NVQ. This one year teaching and coaching programme will develop your skills and knowledge of sports coaching and activity leadership.
Work at a Breakfast Club (7.30am - 9am), Lunch time club, PE Lessons and After School Sports Club (3.15pm - 4.15pm) in term time. Work at Holiday Clubs (8am - 6pm) during the school holidays. (shift patterns included)
Total hours per week: 37.50
The School Sport Coach Apprenticeship offers an exciting opportunity to gain experience in a fun working environment whilst working towards a Level 3 qualification.
This one year Apprenticeship programme will develop your skills and knowledge of delivering a range of fun activities to primary school children.
- Learn how to deliver PE lessons in line with the PE National Curriculum
- Learn how to plan and deliver safe, fun, engaging extracurricular coaching sessions for children aged 4-11
- Learn how to build effective relationships with parents and school staff
- During this apprenticeship you will be supported by a Regional Manager and Apprentice Assessor
- You will also be required to attend training
At SCL we are currently recruiting for School Sport Coach Apprenticeship vacancies in the following areas; Bracknell & Camberley, Fleet, Aldershot area and Basingstoke.
Normal working day for a coach:
- 07:30 - 09:00 - Breakfast Club
- 10:00 - 12:00 - Admin (planning routes to schools & sessions)
- 13:00 - 15:30 - PE teaching
- 15:30 - 18:30 - Extracurricular activities
Please note this role does not have a centre office and you will be working in the field at different schools.
- Passionate about developing a career leading children's activities or sport
- Experience coaching/playing sport
- Be able to relate to and engage with children between the ages of 4-11
- Be reliable and passionate over everything else as there will be interaction with many different people both internally and in the schools you work in
- Undertake an enhanced DBS check
- You are a positive role model
- You have the ability to communicate and influence at all levels
- Keen interest in sport and pursuing a career in sport coaching
- Enjoy working with children
- GCSE's (or equivalent) in maths and English A-C/7-4 - desirable but not essential
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship programme there is a possibility of a full-time position.
Full apprenticeship training will be delivered by SCL Education & Training.
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education & School Sport
- Level 3 Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning
- Level 2 Food Hygiene
- Level 2 Safeguarding and Protecting Children
- Paediatric First Aid
This element of the Apprenticeship programme will be delivered by SCL Education & Training, part of the SCL Group. During your apprenticeship you will be supported by a Regional Manager and Apprentice Assessor.