- Distance Learning
- College Higher Education
- Alternative Courses/Degrees
- Business & Admin
- London remove
If you’re keen to gain a career working as a Secretary or Administrator you’ll require excellent skills in IT, organisation, plus strong interpersonal and communication abilities. Gone are the days when being a secretary meant simply taking care of the typing, filing and answering phones.
Today, a great secretary is essential to the smooth running of any business, ensuring day to day activities happen in the most efficient manner. With our Secretarial Diploma you’ll learn these highly prized skills so you can operate as a key member of the team as a Secretary, Team Assistant or PA. Working under pressure and prioritising tasks allowing executives and managers to work effectively
Aims and objectives
The Pitman Training Secretarial Diploma will teach you the core set of secretarial skills that employers look for in their support/administrative staff. This Diploma is designed to develop your keyboard speeds, teach you how to master the most common business software packages, and give you excellent communication techniques which enable you to take the next step in your career. This could then lead to no end of opportunities within an office environment allow you to take your career to PA, EA or any office manager level.
Outcome / Qualification
Participants on this Diploma programme will receive a nationally recognised Pitman Training Secretarial Diploma, at either Pass or Distinction level
This Secretarial Diploma is comprised of 11 core modules plus two elective modules
It is designed to take around 190 hours or 8 weeks full-time study to complete.
- Touch Typing Introduction
- Keyboard Speed Development
- Word Part 1
- Excel Part 1
- Audio Typing Level 1
- Effective Business Communication
- Successful Meetings and Minutes
Additionally, participants will choose 2 additional elective courses from the entire Pitman Training selection.
Study in our training hub, distance learning or a combination of both. Full access to face to face support when you choose.
- Free Module to all participants through NGTU
Go…..Get that Job - which covers four lessons:
- Preparation - identifying the ideal job, defining your skills, interests and achievements
- Your CV and Strengths - how to present a CV, writing a personal statement and recording your history
- Job Search - Methods to search for jobs, completing application forms, cover letters and creative job hunting
- Interview Success - Different types of interviews, body language and questions – then Get the job!
- Personal support and advice to give a final polish to your CV and interview techniques.
- Link you to employers throughout London