The THG apprenticeship programme is a great way to gain new skills in one of the world’s fastest growing and largest online retailers. Our software is the core of our business and enables the company to continue to grow and thrive. The Group’s industry-leading and proprietary technology platform powers its own consumer sites plus global media partners and brand owners, including Unilever, Nintendo and the Daily Mail Group. We develop all of our own applications in-house with our Development Delivery Teams. In order to enable our Delivery Teams to continue to achieve, we are always looking for bright and intellectual people who are happy to push boundaries and really challenge the status quo.
Led by world-class technologists with a diverse range of backgrounds ranging from Silicon Valley tech giants (Google, Amazon) through to Hedge funds and Algorithmic Trading Firms. You will be surrounded by highly intellectual and passionate colleagues, all with the common goal to help us grow this business globally, fast.
Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious – we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions At THG we are committed to developing our future talent through the THG apprenticeship programme. If you think you’ve got what it takes to join us and make an impact at THG, we would love to hear from you.
The SOC Analysts protect the business by deploying and monitoring security systems across the business. This includes protecting THG infrastructure, applications, email and laptops/Desktops. The maintain a constant watch using a range of cutting-edge technologies to identify and respond to attacks in real time
Main Responsibilities: (but not limited)
- Deploy and configure security tooling such as Endpoint Protection (antivirus), Web Proxy, Mail gateways and more
- Monitor key security systems and feeds for security alerts
- Respond to security events in order to protect THG data and assets
- Assist in the coordination and recovery from any security incidents across a range of teams
Desired qualities, skills and knowledge:
- A real passion and drive for security – someone who has played with security tools before would be a big plus
- Someone with an analytical mind-set – often wanting to go the extra mile to solve a problem.
- Academically a strong grade in Computing would be a bonus
- Eligible for Company Bonus Scheme.
- £100 Attendance Bonus each month for full attendance.
- Staff Discounts across THG brands.
- Discounted gym memberships for multiple locations in the local area.
- Exciting and endless career progression prospects.
- Salary – Competitive Apprenticeship Package
Desired qualification requirements:
3 GCSE Grade A - C or above, plus English and Maths or equivalent at grade C or above.
Plus A level in ICT or BTEC level 3 extended diploma in IT or an equivalent.
Working week: 8:30am -5:30pm.
Salary: £18,000 rising to £21,000 after 6 months
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.