Hilton Nottingham is based in the heart of the city centre while also offering the opportunity to work for the biggest name in Hospitality.
Hilton Nottingham, steeped in history but ready to start a new era with a £6million pound refurbishment.
When we say in the heart of Nottingham we mean it! Offering 176 contemporary bedrooms, complemented by a wonderful food and beverage offering including the BRIC Bar + Kitchen. Offering plenty of versatile meeting and events space, and high performance Livingwell gym and swimming pool.
*Do you want to work for the UK’s #1 Great Places to Work 2021? If so, we have a world of opportunities available for you at Hilton Hotels and Resorts!*
We are looking for positive and friendly Senior Line Chef join our brilliant team. We have a variety of hours, contracts and shift patterns available.
A Senior Line Chef is responsible for supervising staff and ensuring high levels of food preparation to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while assisting with food cost controls.
For the role of Senior Line Chef we are paying an hourly rate of between £11.00 and £11.50 per hour. For any hours worked over 39 hours a week this is paid at a rate of x 1.5
What will I be doing?
A Senior Line Chef , will supervise staff and ensure high levels of food preparation to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Senior Line Chef will also be required to assist with food cost controls. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Ensure all food preparation meets standards
- Prepare and present high quality food
- Supervise staff
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contamination
- Prepare all mis-en-place for all relevant menus
- Assist in positive outcomes from guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure food stuffs are of a good quality and stored correctly
- Contribute to controlling costs, improving gross profit margins, and other departmental and financial targets
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Assist Head Chef/Sous Chef in the training of all staff in compliance of company procedures
- Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
- Be environmentally aware