Service Delivery Engineer
Duration: 3 years
Do you want to make a real difference to peoples’ lives? To help shape the way people live and communicate with each other both now and in the future? To learn new skills on the job, gain professional qualifications and build yourself the perfect career? Then you’re looking in the right place as the apprenticeship opportunities at BT could help you do just that.
***The role will require working at extreme heights and the apprentice will need to be comfortable in this environment.***
As a radio and rigging engineer you will work at different sites within the local area every day carrying out repair, maintenance or provision work on BT equipment. You might have to repair faults that are causing disruption to our customers’ service or install new equipment as and when needed. You would always be looking for opportunities to make improvements to our service and processes and may work on specific projects relating to this.
There are lots of opportunities for growth either into a more specialist role or management so individuals should be ambitious and willing to learn and develop, working with colleagues across the business.
5 GCSE’s at A-C or equivalents, including Maths and English.
Full UK driving Licence.
Technical Knowledge and Competencies
- PC Literate.
- Attention to detail.
- Understand how teams work effectively to deliver results.
- The role is technical and will require you to work with various different systems and processes.
Professional, interpersonal and business Skills
- Ability to work at extreme heights.
- Communicate effectively and work both independently and as part of a team
- Apply structured techniques to problem solving
- Apply strong interpersonal skills when dealing with colleagues, customers and clients
- Flexible attitude
- Ability to perform under pressure
- A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to work
- Logical thinking and creative approach to problem solving.
- The engineer will be required to have high levels of productivity and quality and so attention to detail is very important as is the ability to learn and adapt quickly to different scenarios/experiences.