At GBG, we believe that a vibrant workplace is key to enjoy coming to work every day. That's why we put creating bright and engaging workplaces in the centre of our People Plan. The workspaces we create give our team members a spacious and colourful environment in which they can collaborate and work on their projects, and of course relax, have lunch or have some well-deserved down time!
Our employee experience brand, be@GBG,is derived from our people vision and sits in the centre of everything we do. We want to ensure that our team members enjoy access to the best ways to interact with the business, as well as communicate and collaborate with each other, manage their personal data, share knowledge, develop new skills and progress their careers at GBG.
At GBG, we're building a culture of engagement built on being clear on the desired outcomes, and then giving people the support and flexibility to deliver. We have ambitious aspirations though, so there's also accountability, but this comes with recognition for results. We're entering new markets and territories, and growing fast (currently over 700 people across 15 countries, on 4 continents). To help us achieve this we ensure every employee, irrespective of their role or location is clear on our plans and then provide absolute transparency for how we're tracking against it. We do this via our VOS2020 (Vision, Objectives, Strategies) which is broken down to departmental and even team member level, and guides us towards 2020. This provides exciting opportunities for growth, personally and professionally.
Job overview / purpose:
An exciting opportunity is now available for an Apprentice to join The Service Desk Team. The team manages all IT support queries from a desktop / general support perspective.
This includes dealing with issues from software installation to hardware procurement. The main function of the team is to accurately record all support calls and, wherever possible, to fix reported incidents to resume services as quickly as possible.
The role of the Service Desk Analyst Apprentice is to accurately record all support calls and, wherever possible, to fix reported incidents to resume services as quickly as possible.
The Service Desk Analyst will assist and support the IT services department and the services provided by receiving, prioritising, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests received by the service desk in accordance with the departmental service level agreements.
The Service Desk Analyst Apprentice will have responsibility to ensure that all customer data is handled and recorded in accordance with the departmental service level agreements. This includes ensuring that the storing and archiving of information resources are consistent throughout the department.
The Service Desk Analyst Apprentice is also responsible for developing and implementing cataloguing systems for media control, as well preserving the freshness and accuracy of catalogued items. Understanding of a broad range of software packages and tools is required.
Training and coaching will be provided where necessary.
Key skills you’ll learn:
• Windows OS (7, 8, 10)
• Office 2010-2018
• PC / Laptop Hardware knowledge
• Excellent Customer Service
• Active Directory
• MS Exchange
• Office 365 Administration
• Intermediate Networking Skills
• SCCM / WDS
• Powershell / GPO / Batch file scripting experience
Main role: [will include but not be limited to]:
Start with a 13-15 month Infrastructure Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship.
What you’ll do… (Objectives)
• Manage incoming support calls from end users via both telephone and e-mail
• Work with end users to identify and deliver required responses to service incidents
• Prioritise and schedule problems
• Fix reported incidents/service end user support requests where possible or escalate to the appropriate technician
• Accurately document instances of hardware and software failure, repair, installation, and removal
• Assist in maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging and reporting support calls via JIRA Service Desk
• Handle all customer requests in accordance to the departmental SLA’s and archived according to the agreed schedule
• Work with the rest of the team to deliver strategic service improvements
How you’ll deliver it… (Strategies)
• You, will determine these in collaboration with your manager, and you’ll update them regularly to keep your contribution relevant as we evolve. You’ll do this via your Personal VOS
To help you be successful, we’re looking for…
• Good practical PC hardware knowledge
• Good practical knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems
• Hardware and software troubleshooting skills
• Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills
• Accuracy in regards to data entry and filing
• Excellent organisation and coordination skills
• Able to prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Able to read and understand technical manuals and procedural documentation
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
• Self-motivation and direction
• Keen attention to detail
• Analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Strong customer-service orientation
• Good understanding of the organisation’s goals and objectives
Desired qualification requirements:
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
5 days per week,
Monday - Friday,
9am – 5:30pm,
37.5 hours a week, [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£4.20 - £7.83 an hour / £157.5 - £293.62 per week
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.