Care UK have been delivering health and social care services throughout the UK for more than 30 years.
Our ethos is to enable people to live healthier, more independent and more fulfilling lives. The experts here at Care UK work across more types of care service than any other organisation in the UK. But we have one thing in common: a commitment to providing every patient and resident with the highest standard of care and the very best service.
You’ll be working within the IT Service Desk providing an efficient, professional and courteous Service to more than 9,000 users across 90+ sites.
You’ll also be working in a proactive and co-operative manner to ensure that the responsiveness, effectiveness and quality of the IT Service Desk service is as good as it can be.
This role will be based at Connaught House in Colchester.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the guidance of the IT Service Desk Manager, ensure that all customers are provided with the level of help they require
Ensure that all Incident and Request management procedures are adhered to such that:
- All incidents reported to the Service Desk are logged accurately and expeditiously in real time
- All incidents are correctly prioritised
- All incidents are assigned either to internal IT staff or external 3rdparty suppliers
- All incidents have an owner
- The progress of all Incidents is monitored, with incident assignee’s being reminded when target response times are nearing, have been reached or have been exceeded
- Customers are kept informed as to the progress of their incident
- All actions taken are logged in the incident record
- Resolutions of incidents are monitored, to ensure that the information given is complete and that the necessary actions which result from them are communicated to the relevant departments and followed through
- The customers agreement to close the incident is obtained
- Carry out assigned project work
- Under the guidance of the IT Service Desk Manager; ensure that the Service Desk documentation is complete and up to date
- Assist with general enquiries, ensuring customer satisfaction at all times
- Good knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems
- Strong interpersonal and customer services skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong technical knowledge gained through school/college, work experience, voluntary employment or self-taught, such as: network principles, mobile phones, hardware, operating systems, Active Directory, etc.
- Professional approach to managing incoming calls from customers – understanding the importance of being available and ready to take calls
- Ability to manage difficult callers and to show empathy with a caller as and when required
- Ensuring you are aware of the Service Desk status at all times including incoming call volumes and the open call count in LANDesk
- Logging and processing every customer contact in LANDesk, ensuring calls are given the correct priority at all times
- Taking ownership of calls and processing them within the required service level agreement
5 grade A-C GCSE’s.
£16,000 per annum.
- Shifts rotate on a weekly basis.
- The main shift is 8:30am-5pm, with a late shift of 9:30am - 6pm.
Weekend cover may be required several times per year to cover leave.
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.