Service Desk Analyst Apprentice
The role fits in the IT Service Management team within the global Technology function at GBG, working to ensure that GBG delivers a world-class experience for our team members globally. IT Service Management looks after all aspects of corporate IT including the support of our team members on the tools that they need daily to successfully carry out their roles. We ensure that services are available for team members to utilise and that such services are the best option available to GBG in terms of quality, performance, and cost. We strive for a timely response whilst providing the best customer experience we can.
Specifically, the Service Desk Analyst Apprentice provides proactive operational support on team member tooling and internal products and services, delivering frontline customer service to GBG team members, ensuring they remain productive.
As Service Desk Analyst Apprentice you will work within the first line level of the Group Service Desk function and will apply technical expertise, process management, and decision making to ensure proactive operational support of end-user tooling and internal products and services. You will respond to customer issues and requests, ensuring each ticket is processed to deliver an excellent experience for our team members.
Primary duties include:
- Provide a best in class customer service to GBG team members
- Provide a best in class 1st line technical support and operations service to GBG team members
- Provide a best in class experience for new starters to GBG in delivering IT services on-boarding aspects
- Provide a voice on-call support service to GBG team members
- Continually develop and maintain knowledge base to increase the rate of fix for GBG team members
- Consistently apply best practice process for incident and problem requests and operational tasks
- Continually review and improve the delivery of IT services
- Apply best practice process for ensuring SLA’s and OLA’s are achieved
- Continually communicate with the ITSM team to alert them of potential problems
Required qualities, skills, and experiences:
- Ability to listen, learn and apply; to take direction from team members and work as part of a team
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Natural curiosity to seek out root cause issues and aptitude for accountability to resolve
- Interest in Technical Operations or Support role
- Good experience with user productivity tools
- Awareness of support processes, including Incident, Problem, Request, Event and Change Management
- Good experience providing a best in class customer service to end-users, including regular meaningful communication
- A good application of technical procedures and maintaining technical knowledge base to rapidly resolve issues
- Experience of ITIL operational support working practices
You need to have 5 GCSE’s:
- Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades D or above
- 3x GCSE’s grade A-C in any other subject
You must not already have a qualification in a similar subject at the same level or higher level than this apprenticeship.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications. Find out more here.
5 days per week,
Monday – Friday,
37.5hrs per week [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
The role may include taking part in a 24/7/365 outside of core working hours support rota
You will be paid £346.14per week whilst in your apprenticeship
Benefits of the role:
This is an ideal opportunity to earn several industry-recognised qualifications and kick start your career in IT.
On completion of the Apprenticeship, the individual could secure a full-time position as a first or second-line engineer with Smart IT, with a competitive salary, industry recognised qualifications, and great prospects.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.