Baillie Gifford is an investment management company founded in 1908. Since that time, we have grown into a leading global company and we invest in some of the world’s most exciting businesses. We work hard for our clients and employ over 1000 people, most of whom work in Edinburgh, but we also have offices in London, New York and Hong Kong. People are often surprised by the variety of roles available within Baillie Gifford, which can include investment managers, lawyers, finance experts, travel co-ordinators, client administrators and IT specialists. With a vast array of jobs, there may be a role for you that you hadn’t considered.
At Baillie Gifford, we’re incredibly committed to the wellbeing of our employees and we’re proud of our supportive working environment, with recent initiatives such as the Mental Health group and LGBT network. Our culture isn’t just limited to our work though - there’s an abundance of social events and groups to get involved in, from the annual dinner dance and office outing, to touch rugby and yoga classes. Not forgetting the free fruit, hot drinks and on-site restaurant to enjoy each day.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, driven individual to enter the challenging world of IT support. The role would suit someone who is keen to learn all elements of the support role and has a focus on delivering a great service to our internal customers. Enthusiasm, willingness to learn and adaptability will help ensure a great start in the world of IT. Does this sound like you?
The apprenticeship programme will provide a combination classroom based and on the job training to allow you to achieve SVQ Information Technology and Telecommunications at SCQF Level 6. Additionally, you will also receive training on our internal systems and our business which give you even more valuable experience that will boost your development as a Service Desk Analyst.
Start date for this role will be in August 2020.
- Answering calls on the Service Desk with the aim of fixing the problem
- Resolve technical problems through providing support via the Service Desk
- Get involved in installing, configuring and documenting lots of systems and software
- Monitor service calls to ensure a high standard of service to Baillie Gifford staff
- Working face to face with our user base in our drop in tech stop environment
- Responsible for daily checks on our key IT services and taking appropriate action if they aren’t working
- You’ll be in issuing and maintaining laptops, mobile phones along with their accessories as well as all sorts of IT equipment
- You’ll be involved in the process of new staff set up, giving them systems overview, helping with changes and removing leavers
- You’ll help maintain audio visual kit and help colleagues with video conferencing
- You’ll also provide support for lots of systems needed by all the areas of the business
- Over time you’ll be able to develop fixes for a whole range of IT problems
- Do you enjoy solving problems?
- Having a passion for technology is really important
- Do you know about Microsoft applications, like Word & Excel?
- Do you like working as part as a team?
- Are you curious to learn and know more about how technology supports our business?
- Are you interested in your customers?
- Can you explain technical things clearly to non-technical people?
Not afraid to ask for help
- 35 Hours per week
- Monday to Friday
- GBP 18,000 GBP
- 500 sign-on bonus to help you get ready for working life
- Annual bonus 34 days holiday
- Market-leading pension Life assurance
The Modern Apprenticeship Programme is targeted at building our workforce of the future. Funding for training is available for applicants aged 16-19 and for disabled and care-experienced applicants between the ages of 20-29. Please ensure, if you are applying for a Modern Apprentice post, that you meet one of these criteria.You will be supported throughout your apprentice journey by a dedicated QA Assessor, you will undertake an X Programme which leads to the achievement of an SCQF level 6.
QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce. For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.