Agilisys, an Employee owned organisation, is one of the UK’s most innovative IT and business software and services providers, helping our clients to transform their businesses through a suite of citizen-centric technology products. We deliver success through innovation, working with public sector partners to help them transform services that make a real difference to millions of people across the UK.
We are looking for a hard-working Infrastructure Technician Level 3 apprentice.
Located at the Service Centre in Rochdale, the Service Desk Analyst will provide a quality technical first-line service to all customers of the Agilisys Managed Services section.
The apprentice will be responsible for the recording of all incidents, service requests and requests for change (RFCs) that come to the Service Desk via phone or email, aiming to satisfactorily resolve 75% of incidents received, demonstrating an end-to-end customer service focused approach to call management.
Core hours are between Monday-Friday, 8am-6pm on a shift basis, however, as the Service Desk is a 24/7 job, there may be some requirement to cover some weekend and night shifts on a rota basis.
- Work on the ICT Service Desk, accurately recording all calls offered by either phone or email into the Service Management Tool (SMT).
- Communicate with user by phone, email and via intranet
- Provide a high standard of customer care, by taking ownership of incidents
- Maintain a high rate of first time fixes
- Contribute to IT service improvement
- Perform accurate assessment of calls, performing fit time fix where possible.
- Provide technically accurate solutions to users and customers.
- Aim to resolve 75% of incidents at first point of contact (75% first time fix), with or without the aid of remote control software.
- Maintain the accuracy of the Service Management Tool and related databases by updating new user information, relocations etc.
- Maintain the accuracy of the Knowledgebase by updating existing articles and contributing new documentation where appropriate.
- Continuous communication with internal customers to provide updates on incident resolution
- Liaise directly with external maintenance suppliers
Desired skills and qualities:
- Experience of working within a customer service environment, preferably within IT
- Good problem-solving aptitude and skills
- A positive analytical attitude to support process and performance improvement
- Ability to diagnose technical faults quickly and accurately over the telephone, using the remote assistance tools and techniques available
- Excellent communication skills
Highly desired knowledge / experience:
- Knowledge of current Microsoft Windows computer operating systems.
- Knowledge of hardware and systems software installation and support.
- Knowledge of PC hardware components and peripherals.
- Knowledge of standard business applications e.g. current Microsoft Office suites, popular web browsers, Microsoft Exchange email clients.
- 5 GCSE’s, grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Benefits of working for Agilisys:
- Performance related monthly bonuses
- Agilisys perks at work (EOT)
- Annual pay review
- Private Health Care
- Multi-skilled Service Desks working in a large team allowing for experience with different technologies
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.