This is a financial services company with 16,000 employees in 21 countries including Scotland (Edinburgh), Australia (Melbourne) and USA (Chicago).
The Computershare International Service Desk HQ is moving to Edinburgh, we are looking for talented, and enthusiastic IT apprentices to join the team and grow their careers with us.
Do you love to provide great customer service?
Do you enjoy a fast paced, technological environment?
Want to work for a global company with opportunities for progression and international travel?
If you are passionate about IT and want to gain industry relevant qualifications ( and get paid! )whilst growing your career with an international organisation through an IT apprenticeship - then keep reading!
Join our fast-paced Service Desk and be on the front line of keeping our colleagues online.
Our 24/7 Service Desk team are the first responders on all IT issues for our colleagues and customers around the globe, ensuring business critical systems are operational. This includes logging all incidents and service requests, and where possible providing first contact resolution. Analysts will develop a strong knowledge of all tasks and systems associated with the role and will have the ability to categorise and prioritise tasks.
We invest US$ 150 million into our IT systems every year - technology drives everything we do.
Main role/ responsibilities
- Respond to queries and requests via a number of methods including phone, email and support tickets
- Provide First Contact Resolution ( FCR)whenever possible using the knowledge base and other tools at your disposal
- Identify repeat incidents and highlight potential process improvements
- Complete user access requests, software installs and local hardware requests
- Build great working relationships with all teams across Computershare
- Ensure that all procedures and documentation are kept current, and that any amendments are communicated to the team
- Ensure that your work adheres to internal and external audit requirements, business regulations, and service level agreements
Qualities / essential requirements
- Excellent communication skills - you' re great on the phone
- A belief that excellent customer service is everything
- A willingness to work flexible hours/shifts
- A great team player - you help others and know when to ask for help
- An understanding of Microsoft tools &systems
- Self-motivated - you' re willing to take a project and own it
- Able to troubleshoot hardware/software/network issues ( and you' re eager to learn new technologies)
£16,000 per annum
Once you' ve graduated from our in-house Training Academy, you will work with a mentor to become a confident, self-sufficient Service Desk Analyst through shadowing, on-the-job training and improvement of your systems knowledge. This training and development will also include your apprenticeship visits and classroom training.
As an IT Apprentice, you will work towards an SCQF Level 8 Diploma in IT &Telecommunications through on job assessor visits and portfolio work.
You will also be fully funded to attend various IT Classroom training including:
- Installing &Configuring Windows 7
- Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows 8
- Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices - Part 1
- Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices - Part 2
- Microsoft It Security Fundamentals
- Installing &Configuring Windows Server 2012
- Server Virtualization with Windows Server Hyper -V and System Centre