Dacoll Group is an experienced provider of ICT Managed Services, Network Infrastructure and Electrical Contracting. Dacoll Group also specialises in the software development and manufacturing of global Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) solutions for public and private sector organisations of all sizes.
The Service Desk Analyst provides 24-hour, 365 day 1st line I.T. support to Dacoll clients, either by resolving issues directly or logging and assigning such calls to the most appropriate engineer as required. The Service Desk Analyst is responsible for updating the Service Management System and, where necessary, proactively identifying and escalating SLA breaches.
The Dacoll Call Centre is responsible receiving and recording all managed service related customer contact. Managed service includes desktop and server contracts (both break / fix and break / replace), user support and infrastructure management and support.In addition the call centre is responsible for the co-ordination of Dacoll’s managed service activities including Prime Support Service Desk, Prime Support Operations Centre, Field and Project Engineer scheduling and all associated logistics.
Principle roles and responsibilities:
- To provide 1st line technical support
- Answering support queries via phone, email and web.
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles.
- To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
- Ability to troubleshoot level 1 incidents and if necessary log onto customer environment remotely (e.g. password reset, access to shares,desktop setup)
- Identify parts required for onsite engineer to complete job
- Identify engineer skill levels required for on-site visits
- Ability to pick up Remote Operations Alerts and via scripting resolve issue (may be no action to be taken, fix remotely, or pass to remote operations engineer)
- Understand and work to meeting customer SLAs
- Flag escalated issues to manager prior to customer escalation
- To log and update all calls on the call management system.
- To undertake customer satisfaction surveys as necessary upon call closure
- To ensure all jobs are passed to the correct teams as appropriate
- To ensure all required information is gathered and recorded in a clear and concise manner
- Monitor client systems as required, and proactively respond to, and record any issues identified.
- To allocate more complex calls to the service desk team leader.
- To arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house.
- Adhere to company rules, policies and procedures including time keeping
- To operate within a team working providing 24x7x365 coverage.
- Working within the Teams Shift Rota System and provide cover as necessary
- Provide remote assistance by taking control of a user’s desktop.
- Strive to achieve agreed first time fix ratios Required Skills
- Have confidence in dealing with customers and provide a credible and professional approach.
- A high degree of customer focus Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems
- Experience with using and troubleshooting Outlook within a network environment
- Experience with using and troubleshooting Microsoft Office with emphasis on MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Basic understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration.
- An understanding of Service Delivery processes
- Basic understanding of Active Directory
- Approx. 10 week rotational (depends on staff levels)
- 8am to 4pm / 9am to 5pm
- Weekends/Public Holidays - (classed out of hours) - slightly different shifts but would potentially be evenings.
- GBP 15-17k per annum
The Modern Apprenticeship Programme is targeted at building our workforce of the future. Funding for training is available for applicants aged 16-19 and for disabled and care-experienced applicants between the ages of 20-29. Please ensure, if you are applying for a Modern Apprentice post, that you meet one of these criteria.You will be supported throughout your apprentice journey by a dedicated QA Assessor, you will undertake an X Programme which leads to the achievement of an SCQF level 6.
QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce. For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.