We are a close-knit team of devoted IT enthusiasts (also known as geeks). As a company, we believe in our team and are constantly looking for ways to assist their professional growth by passing vendor accreditations, learning about new technologies and working with senior colleagues to learn more about soft skills.
We have a requirement to expand our SharePoint team due to our business expansion. This is an excellent opportunity for a driven, eager SharePoint Administrator looking for their next step.
There will be times where travel may be required to a client site, however the majority of the work is based from our head office. Flexibility around working hours to ensure delivery of projects will be of great advantage for the role and naturally expected from time to time.
Main role and Responsibilities:
This full-time role will include:
- Delivering outstanding customer service by understanding our Client’s IT and business needs
- Assisting in the deployment and maintenance of SharePoint solutions
- Mentoring Apprentices with on-boarding to the company
- Assisting in projects as required, both remotely and on-site as required
- Assisting with research and development of products (new and old) to be used both internally and for our clients
- Creating professional documentation associated with SharePoint projects
- Completely understand and know Chalkline’s values and visions
- Ensure you have a quality working relationship with end users
- Develop and maintain communication skills appropriate to the environment
- Understand and operate the escalations procedures
- Build and work on delivering project tasks to a high standard
- Schedule your given tasks as required to meet deadlines
- Take ownership of learning new environments and research the technologies being implemented to broaden your understanding
- Understand and discover client requirement
- Ensure all cases/project sheets you own are updated daily
- Take ownership of your work
- Liaise with the managed service team to ensure SharePoint implementations are maintained to a reasonable standard
- Create professional documentation associated with SharePoint implementation projects
- Assist in the development and maintenance of new SharePoint solutions.
- Manage SharePoint security, configurations and sites
- Create user guides and knowledge base articles
Resourcing & Client Work:
- Work with Professional Services & Managed Services colleagues, mentor apprentices and be able to work alone to turn around all work in a timely fashion
- Fully understand the importance of build procedures and ensure that they are carried out
- Participate in the development of processes and actively identify areas of improvement
- Communicate with end users to ensure that expectations are exceeded, with projects being updated on a frequent basis as to the current status of the work
- Be available to go onsite whether pre-arranged or emergency call out
- Personal and Team Development
- As new team members come on-board, mentor and ensure a high level of enthusiasm and enjoyment of your work along with for teamwork, for coaching and mentoring of colleagues and team members and for professional standards of behaviour
- Undertake and pass any required examinations for your personal development
- Ensure any issues are immediately identified to a Manager/Director
- Provide timely updates to colleagues & superiors regarding any escalations or client opportunities
The role is to implement, support and work with the latest MS technologies.
Ideal applicants will have an understanding of SharePoint and the following technologies:
- Office 365
- SharePoint Online
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Flow
- Communication/Customer services skills
- Team player
- 5 A-C GCSE grades including Maths and English.
Full time role.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.