Showroom Consultant – Bassetts Bathrooms and Plumbing - Clady
We are Northern Ireland’s leading bathroom & tile retailer with an excellent reputation for supporting our customers with innovative solutions and best customer service.
Due to our continued success and unrivalled growth we have identified exciting opportunities for suitably qualified individuals who are seeking to develop their career, helping our valued customers create their dream bathroom solution in our recently refurbished Clady Bathroom & Tile Showroom.
Do you want to work for an organisation that will truly invest in you and develop you? Do you want to work for a company which is part of a worldwide leading company in their field? Do you enjoy interacting with customers face to face on a daily basis and really delivering an outstanding customer experience?
Then look no further? We’re currently recruiting for a Showroom assistant. Backed by a warm and fantastic team here in Clady, we’re looking for individuals to help take our brand forward to the next level. Are you in?
What will I be doing in the role?
In the role as Showroom Consultant you will;
- Achieve personal sales in line with targets and actively sell and promote the company’s products at all times.
- You will be required to provide outstanding customer service.
- Liaise with customers on a day to day basis and building long term relationships and supporting them throughout their purchasing journey.
- You will also be required to deal with telephone enquiries and always ensure that customer’s needs are met whilst promoting the companies products and services.
- You will also be responsible for ensuring that customer orders are ready for collection when specified whilst ensuring minimum stock damage and accurate picking of stock for delivery.
- You will also be required to receive goods into the warehouse and correctly store them. As a part of this you will also be required to have involvement in stock control and ensuring that stock levels are sufficient.
- Help create a team spirit that delivers ownership for the business.
Am I who you are looking for?
First and foremost we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we’re agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we’re supportive of and close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
For the Showroom Assistant specifically it is important that you have:
- You should have some customer service experience. If you know what great services looks like, sounds like and feels like. That’s really, really important to us.
- A demonstrable knowledge of the importance of good customer care. An understanding of what is required of someone with good customer service skills (i.e. the difference between being empathetic and sympathetic).
- Proven written and verbal communication skills.
- You’ll be a personable and excellent team player.
- More importantly, we are looking for someone with the right attitude and behaviours. Someone who is eager to learn and really develop themselves and the service our company can offer.
What about the business I’ll be joining?
This vacancy is working for Bassett’s plumbing, heating and bathroom merchants has 16 branches across the country offering technical advice as well as products from leading manufacturers. Twelve of these branches have large bathroom showrooms showcasing the latest innovations in bathroom design.
There are 32 fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that recruit talented people in the UK and Ireland. However, regardless of which business you join, you are assured to be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times. with over 170,000 employees and operations in 67 countries worldwide. With such a significant presence we are proud to offer our employees a career without boundaries… Are You In?
What are the benefits?
In addition to a competitive base salary plus an attractive bonus scheme, you will benefit from a significant focus on your own personal development and also have access to:
- A defined contribution pension scheme.
- 31 days holiday (increasing to 33 with service)
- A defined share purchasing scheme (Each month you put away an agreed amount from your ‘pre-tax' pay and we use it to buy Saint-Gobain shares for you. As an added bonus, for every four shares you buy Saint-Gobain will give you an extra share free of charge).
- As an employee you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Staff discounts and various other benefits.
What do I need to do now?
We would love to hear from you! In order to find out more and apply, please click below to register and submit your CV on our careers site. We will be in touch with you after your application to tell you about the next stages.
Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so.
Sign-up or log in to apply