APPRENTICESHIP START DATE
15th March 2021
FINAL INTERVIEW DATE
18th January 2021
The C4 Apprenticeship Programme
Our Apprenticeship programme is designed to provide work experience and a related qualification to people leaving formal education and who have decided to pursue an Apprenticeship rather than attend University.
Our Apprenticeships are full-time, with four days per week spent working in a C4 department and one day per week completing the formal learning parts of the Apprenticeship. Our Apprentices have external tutors who deliver workshops and seminars to them and offer support throughout the apprenticeship. It is essential for Apprentices to be able to balance their work and learning time and commit to delivering what is required for the formal learning elements in order to successfully achieve the qualifications on completion.
The formal training provided will consist of workshops, tutorials, webinars, coaching and in some cases residential boot camps. The training is dependent on the qualification your apprenticeship offers and will be explained in detail by the training provider before you officially begin the course. Due to COVID there could be some changes in the way that training is delivered, for example it may be virtually rather than in person. You can read more about the qualification being offered for this apprenticeship below.
Am I eligible to apply?
- You must be 18 years old or over at the time the scheme starts to apply. There is no upper age limit.
- You cannot already have a similar qualification at the same or higher level than what is being offered on this apprenticeship. For example, you are not eligible to apply for this role if you have already completed a Level 4 qualification or higher in Data Analytics.
The newly created 4Studio is the engine room for C4’s digital acceleration strategy, with the primary mission to create, adapt and distribute content across the key social media channels.
The primary activities of 4Studio will be to curate (existing) and create (new) short-form content and distribute it through actively managed social media channels. 4Studio will work very closely with key people and departments within C4.
4Studio will be based in C4’s new National HQ in Leeds and will be a key component of C4’s regional strategy, creating creative job opportunities outside London and expanding the diversity of the company’s creative contribution.
The Social Analytics Apprentice is a member of both 4Studio and the Experimentation & Analytics team, and will be tasked with putting data at the heart of everything 4Studio does by combining a deep understanding of our customers with a constant process of learning through experimentation.
Working closely with the Social Production and Publishing teams, the role will support the team in day to day operations and provide expert analysis and insights into the performance of social content across core platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, and audience viewing behaviour.
This apprenticeship would suit someone who:
- Loves numbers and data, and is confident in these areas
- Is naturally curious and likes finding clever ways to solve problems
- Is looking for a career in data analytics or data science
- Is confident using Excel and PowerPoint to present data, and is enthusiastic about learning to use more analytics tools
- Monitor the performance of social content (videos, images etc) across Channel 4’s core social platforms, in order to enable the Editorial team to optimise the output across all channels
- Update the Social Production and Publishing teams on performance through regular reports and weekly updates
- Aid in ensuring that day-to-day decisions made by the Social Production and Publishing teams are data driven
- Optimise daily reporting and provide actionable interpretation of reports on a daily and weekly basis
- Regularly monitor (hourly, daily, weekly, monthly) performance of C4’s core social platforms and channels with a focus on views, minutes viewed and engagement
- Automate as many processes as possible, and enabling stakeholders to get as much insight as they can from self-service.
- Devise new approaches to optimise how we target the right audiences, and monitor and oversee tests carried out by the Social Production and Publishing teams
- Understand performance across devices, identifying new opportunities for optimising content
QUALIFICATION OFFERED WITH THIS APPRENTICESHIP
Level 4 Data Analyst
LENGTH OF APPRENTICESHIP
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A demonstrated ability to understand and accurately manipulate numbers
- Someone who is happy to spend a lot of time exploring data using spreadsheets and other analytical tools
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Good communication and storytelling skills
- An inquisitive and analytical mind-set along with good numeracy and problem-solving skills
- Close attention to detail, thoroughness and accuracy
- An appetite to learn new skills in analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics, Tableau, SQL, R and Python
- A passion for TV, data and analytics and a keen interest in the Media industry and for what Channel 4 does along with the future of media consumption
- An ability to be prioritise and balance workloads, especially during busy periods
- Be passionate about and have an understanding of the Channel 4 remit
And what will you get out of it?
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- You will learn to use some of the most advanced analytics tools found in the analytics sector providing you with the foundations to form a strong career in data analytics
- You will gain an understanding of how companies use data to make informed decisions to grow
- The ability to extract, manipulate and interrogate data, providing simple answers to complex questions all within relatively short timeframes
- Get first-hand experience and help shape the growth of Channel 4’s social presence
- By the end of the apprenticeship, you will be comfortable working autonomously and have the confidence to put forward compelling insights to a wide variety of audiences which in turn will impact to millions of people across the UK
If you need to relocate in order to take up this opportunity, we can offer you support towards the financial costs of moving. This includes a contribution towards your deposit and first months’ rent, plus visits to your new city to look for accommodation.
Benefits- There are a million reasons why it’s great to work at Channel 4, here are just a few of the perks for you;
• 26 days annual leave (including a day off for your birthday)
• Company funded Private Medical Insurance
• A generous Group Personal Pension
• Access to our flexible benefits scheme including dental, travel insurance, health screenings and more!
Applications Close Date- 01 Nov 2020
Application questions to complete
To complete your application please provide a response to the below application questions, you can upload your response to the application questions as an attachment when submitting your application. This can be attached to your application as a PDF or Word document.
- Please outline how you meet the ‘Essential Experience & Skills’ outlined in the Job Description (Max 500 words)
- Why do you want to work in data analytics at Channel 4? (Max 500 words)
- How would you explain social media to a time traveller from 1900? (Max 300 words)
- Describe yourself in a tweet (Max 280 characters)