Social Care Worker Apprentice - Choice Care Group - Red Roof - Tadley
- Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Health and Social Care
- Tadley remove
Do you enjoying helping people and making a positive impact on people’s lives? Then this support role with Choice Care Group may be the role for you!
37.5 hours Shifts
Detailed Job Description:
Responsible To: Operations Manager
Job Purpose: To provide high quality support, in line with the philosophy and policies of the agency
Contacts: Individuals and their families, Care Managers, GP’s, and other Health/ Social Care professionals
• Giving personal care, cooking, teaching, going out on excursions, watching TV, playing games etc.
• Delivering of a clearly defined programme of care for each service user within the home and ensuring that such service user files are recorded and maintained accurately.
• Liaising with relatives, Care Managers and other professionals in consultation with the Manager of the home.
• To ensure that the agreed psychology guidelines for each service user are followed in conjunction with the Management team.
• To work with all staff in providing an effective 24-hour service and to demonstrate a reasonable degree of flexibility to ensure all shifts are covered with the required staffing levels.
• To assist in the delivery of day care opportunities, following individual activity programmes in conjunction with, and following guidance from, day care staff.
• To use initiative in creating, and delivery of, appropriate leisure opportunities for service users.
• To accompany and organise transport which requires service users to attend activities outside of the home.
• To use initiative in making the best use of all available resources in the home, to meet the needs of each service user.
• To assist in maintaining a good standard of hygiene and tidiness within the home and, when required, to check all equipment including emergency and fire equipment.
• To look after the general appearance of the house and report any defects to the senior staff member on duty.
• To ensure accurate recording and reporting of all accidents and incidents that may occur involving service users and/or staff and to record relevant information in the appropriate place.
• To participate in staff meetings, contributing to the review of current working practices and future developments.
• To undertake any temporary duties as required by the Homes Manager in times of emergency.
This Job Description is not intended to be a complete list of duties and responsibilities, but indicates the main aspects attached to this post. It may be reviewed and amended at a future time after discussion with the Manager and staff of the homes, to take into account any changes in Company or Government Policies.
Must have good communication skills — listening, speaking and writing.
Be able to work as part of a team
You need to have a keen interest in the Health and Social Care Industry.
Have adaptability and flexibility
To be professional at all times
Have a positive attitude
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate
applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first
year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if
they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage
rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and
over. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's
part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.Sign-up or log in to apply