Social Care Worker Apprentice - Choice Care Group - Red Roof - Tadley
- Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Health and Social Care
- Tadley remove
Do you enjoying helping people and making a positive impact in their lives? Are you caring, reliable and passionate? If you feel you have these unique qualities, we would love you to join our team.
An apprenticeship with Choice Care Group will be not only a meaningful, active and rewarding job, but a possible new career as well and the opportunity to work with a fun, dedicated team.
37.5 hours Shifts
Detailed Job Description:
Choice Care Group is looking to appoint a Health and Social Care Apprentice to work in one of our homes. The successful candidate will work towards achieving QCF Level 2 Health & Social Care.
Applicants should be at least 16 years old and not in full time education. By the end of your Apprenticeship you'll have gained new skills and experience.
If you’re new to adult social care, then an Apprenticeship is one of the best ways to get into the sector and start your career. You’ll work alongside experienced staff and learn the skills and knowledge required for you to be a skilled and confident worker.
As an Apprentice you will be supporting adults with learning disabilities, mental health disorders and complex needs in a residential care environment, providing a high standard of care and support.
• Deliver high quality personal care following the care plan and individual resident wishes to ensure the comfort and dignity of each resident
• Delivery of care that it is of high quality and maintains the dignity and well-being of residents
• Understand the importance of privacy, dignity, choice and consent and uphold these basic rights at all times
• Contribute to the individualised person centred care planning process of each resident and recording appropriate interactions and observations
• Complete all regulatory and statutory training requirements and comply with all company policy and procedures whilst at work
• Carry out responsibilities for residents ensuring that residents receive one-to-one quality time when on duty
It is essential to have a keen interest in the Health and Social Care Industry.
Good communication skills are essential.
Have a positive attitude
Have adaptability and flexibility
To be professional at all times
Be able to work as part of a team
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.70 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £4.20 an hour for under 18's, £5.90 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.38 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £7.83 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close earlySign-up or log in to apply