APPRENTICESHIP START DATE
15th March 2021
FINAL INTERVIEW DATE
20th January 2021
The C4 Apprenticeship Programme
Our Apprenticeship programme is designed to provide work experience and a related qualification to people leaving formal education and who have decided to pursue an Apprenticeship rather than attend University.
Our Apprenticeships are full-time, with four days per week spent working in a C4 department and one day per week completing the formal learning parts of the Apprenticeship. Our Apprentices have external tutors who deliver workshops and seminars to them and offer support throughout the apprenticeship. It is essential for Apprentices to be able to balance their work and learning time and commit to delivering what is required for the formal learning elements in order to successfully achieve the qualifications on completion.
The formal training provided will consist of workshops, tutorials, webinars, coaching and in some cases residential boot camps. The training is dependent on the qualification your apprenticeship offers and will be explained in detail by the training provider before you officially begin the course. Due to COVID there could be some changes in the way that training is delivered, for example it may be virtually rather than in person. You can read more about the qualification being offered for this apprenticeship below.
Am I eligible to apply?
- You must be 18 years old or over at the time the scheme starts to apply. There is no upper age limit.
- You cannot already have a similar qualification at the same or higher level than what is being offered on this apprenticeship. For example, you are not eligible to apply for this role if you have a Level 3 or higher qualification in Digital Marketing.
The newly created 4Studio is the engine room for C4’s digital acceleration strategy, with the primary mission to create, adapt and distribute content across the key social media channels.
The primary activities of 4Studio will be to curate (existing) and create (new) short-form content and distribute it through actively managed social media channels. The Social Media Apprentice will work very closely with key people and departments within C4 and on occasion with external stakeholders.
The role will be based in C4’s new National HQ in Leeds and will be a key component of C4’s regional strategy, creating creative job opportunities outside London and expanding the diversity of the company’s creative contribution.
This apprenticeship would really suit someone who:
- Loves social media and keeps up to date with all the latest social trends
- Passionate about creating content digitally
- Enjoys coming up with new creative ideas
Reporting into a Social Media Manager, the Social Media Apprentice is a key member of the Social Media team, supporting the team to produce campaigns that successfully drive viewers to engage with Channel 4 and assisting with the department’s day to day tasks.
- Social Media Management: Working closely with the Social Media Manager and 4Studio to coordinate, manage and build Channel 4’s social media presence. This will involve devising fresh ideas and bringing them to fruition on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and TikTok to predominantly drive views on our content.
- Own and look after evergreen content, including briefing in of assets for various channels with 4Studio and writing copy for social posts
- Marketing calendar: plot key popular culture moments and events the social team should be engaging with across the year and lead on ideation for those (i.e. National Best Friend Day, Halloween etc.)
- Analysis: reviewing how content is performing with the ability to test and learn and assist with reporting
- Administration: Assisting members of the Social Media team with day-to-day administrative and ad hoc tasks.
- Competitor analysis: what are other key players in social media doing, what can we learn and how can we disrupt on social more
- Relationship Management: Build and maintain good relationships with internal departments and external partners. (e.g. internal Digital Producers, external Paralympics partners etc.)
- Community management
- Keeping up to date with social media trends
Level 3 Digital Marketer
LENGTH OF APPRENTICESHIP
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Clear and demonstrable passion for TV and digital content
- A passion for social media with an understanding and knowledge of how various platforms work
- Creative thinker who enjoys coming up with new and exciting ideas
- Analytical and problem-solving mindset
- Great organisation skills and ability to multi-task
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong IT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel) and ability to embrace new technology and systems
- Strong writing skills and excellent punctuation and grammar
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships inside and outside of C4
- Uses initiative with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Understanding and passion for the Channel 4 brand and remit
If you need to relocate in order to take up this opportunity, we can offer you support towards the financial costs of moving. This includes a contribution towards your deposit and first months’ rent, plus visits to your new city to look for accommodation.
Benefits- There are a million reasons why it’s great to work at Channel 4, here are just a few of the perks for you;
• 26 days annual leave (including a day off for your birthday)
• Company funded Private Medical Insurance
• A generous Group Personal Pension
• Access to our flexible benefits scheme including dental, travel insurance, health screenings and more!
Applications Close Date- 01 Nov 2020
Application questions to complete
To complete your application please provide a response to the below application questions, you can upload your response to the application questions as an attachment when submitting your application. This can be attached to your application as a PDF or Word document.
- Please outline how you meet the ‘Essential Experience & Skills’ outlined in the Job Description (Max 500 words)
- What made you apply for this apprenticeship and what is it that appeals to you about working on Channel 4’s Social Media team? (Max 350 words)
- Who is doing social media well? Why do you think this? (Max 300 words)
- What are your favourite Channel 4 shows and why? (Max 150 words)
- Sum yourself up in a witty tweet (Max 280 characters)