Hours 37 per week
Closing Date 03 April 2020 at Midnight
Start date: 7th September 2020
This apprenticeship lasts for 14 months
The assessment day for this role will take place on the 1st July 2020.
SOCIAL MEDIA APPRENTICE
Reports to: Social Media Manager
The Marketing department consists of four teams (marketing, media planning, social media and on-air continuity) which are together responsible for leading a coherent brand strategy for the organisation’s network of channels and services including Channel 4, E4, Film4 and All 4; prioritising, planning and implementing all on- and off-air marketing campaigns.
The marketing department sits within the wider Marketing, Creative and Digital group (MCD) which also includes 4Creative and the Digital Creative Unit (DCU).
Reporting into a Social Media Manager, the Social Media Apprentice is a key member of the Social Media team, supporting the team to produce campaigns that successfully drive viewers to engage with Channel 4 and assisting with the department’s day to day tasks.
• Social Media Management: Working closely with 4Creative and the Social Media team to coordinate, manage and build Channel 4, E4 and All 4’s social media presence. This will involve devising fresh ideas and bringing them to fruition on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and TikTok.
• Relationship Management: Build and maintain good relationships with internal departments and external partners. Ensuring they are aware of and supporting marketing activity. This includes 4Creative, Schedules, Viewer Relationship Management, Media Planning and syndicated platforms (e.g. Sky, Virgin, Netflix).
• Administration: Assisting members of the Social Media team with day-to-day administrative and ad hoc tasks.
Level 3 Junior Content Producer
ESSENTIAL ATTRIBUTES FOR A GREAT CANDIDATE
• Clear and demonstrable passion for TV and digital content
• Strong IT skills
• A good understanding and knowledge of social media
• Strong communication skills and ability to build positive relationships
• Understanding of the Channel 4 brand
• Good sense of initiative, ability to work independently
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Creative writing