EM Skills are an English and maths specialist provider of Functional Skills and ESOL qualifications. We specialise in working with individual and groups with low basic skills English and maths and ESOL needs however, we also offer an array of other services including employability skills, vocational training, mentoring, advice and guidance, employer engagement and recruitment services. We deliver online and face to face training.
EM Skills run a number of short and medium term programmes for those that are NEETs or at risk of becoming NEET, we also provide an educational service for the local Youth Offending team as well as 14-18 year old elected home educated learners. Our focus is not only on education but on supporting mental health and wellbeing.
EM Skills are used to working with unemployed, those disengaged and those that need to build confidence to move forward in life.
We believe basic skills are at the heart of any programme, once confidence is built and those skills are developed all other programmes can follow, which in turn will help the participant to gain and/or sustain meaningful employment, further education or training.
As an apprentice, you will undertake social media and marketing activities and be responsible to: Head of Quality and Curriculum.
Main role / Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
- Implement the company marketing strategy
- Write copy for website, social media and case studies
- Design leaflets
- Be responsible for website updates
- Be responsible for social media platforms
Desired qualities, skills and knowledge:
- Has proven experience managing social media platforms
- Is proficient in MS Office programs
- Can demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to work on own initiative
- Be able to multi-task
- Has the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Is able to problem solve without supervision or guidance
- Has a high level of professionalism
- Is able to maintain confidentiality and to use discretion in all interactions
Desired qualification requirements:
- Must be educated to ‘A’ level standard, or above
- Must have A level English (or equivalent)
- Web design experience
30hrs per week.
£193.50 - £261.60 per week.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.