We are a Microsoft Partner that specialises in creating engaging innovative solutions for SharePoint and Office 365. Our passion is to enhance the classroom and workplace with technology that delivers real benefits to schools and businesses.
As our customer base is growing, we are looking for a support technician to help us maintain our level of support to our new and existing customers.
We pride ourselves on being at the cutting-edge of SharePoint solutions in the world education market with customers in the UK and abroad.
We help our customers and the wider community through blogs, open source software and YouTube video guides.
You will be joining the team to help us remotely install and support our range of SharePoint MIS integration products into schools.
The main products you will be working with are our range of integration products, linking the school MIS to SharePoint and Office 365.
Our work is conducted from our office in Hull, although some occasional travel and hotel stay may be needed to allow us to meet as a team and best support our customers.
Main role and Responsibilities:
Your day-to-day duties will include:
- Remotely supporting customers
- Analysing data and manipulating it through workflows
- Taking calls on the support desk
- Problem solving server and software issues
- Creating video tutorials
- Any other duties as may be reasonably required by the purview of the post
The successful candidate will learn and use the following software through experience, guidance and self-learning:
- SharePoint and Office 365
- Visual Studio Code
- Notepad ++
- Our internal software
- We are looking for someone with great communication and technical skills.
- This is a customer facing role and you will be required to contact customers and colleagues via phone, Skype and email. You will strive for perfection and a project will only be finished when our customers are happy with the end-product.
- Office 365 is constantly evolving, and you will need to be a quick learner with a passion for technology.
Key candidate attributes:
- Keen and willing to learn through research and practice
- Someone who has a passion or at least an interest in the industry
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to follow instructions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skills in problem solving, organisation and planning
6 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C including Maths plus GCSE English (or equivalent) at grade D or above.
Monday to Friday,
8:30am to 5pm.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.