Communisis plc is a leading European provider of customer communications for major global brands.
We’re a team of many talents, employing around 2,500 people in over 15 countries across a wide range of marketing disciplines.
Together, we offer our clients something truly unique – the ability to design, produce and deploy customer communication campaigns of all types and size from start to finish using one marketing services partner.
The principal function of a Software Apprentice is to deliver software based on the client's specifications.
Main role / Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
• Access customer data from internal and external SFTP sites
• To generate reports including data health checks and suppression reports
• Maintain and update relevant tables, within the software as they become available
• Assist client services and developers with queries they might have with the data
• Reformat customer data to fit the Data and customer requirements
• Maybe required to work reasonable overtime to ensure customer deadlines are met
• This is a full time technical role, the candidate will be involved in writing scripts/code using a variety of software.
• The candidate will be involved in software related tasks with a view to work on projects as their knowledge increases.
• We have a variety of software that uses different languages, C, C++ for our automated solutions the candidate will be using C# (Visual Studio)
• The candidate will be involved in SQL – SQL Management Studio
• The candidate will have limited exposure to interface design.
Desired qualities, skills and knowledge:
• Someone who wants to work in a dynamic, busy environment
• The ability to multi task is essential.
• You don’t need any industry experience just great interpersonal skills, enthusiasm and the willingness to learn and be part of a team
• Commitment to completing the apprenticeship
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual for a Data Downloader Apprenticeship with a good level of technical knowledge
You will need to show:
• Ingenuity and creativity
• Logical approach to problem solving
• Analytical capabilities and the ability to work under pressure
• Attention to detail
• Tenacity and patience
• Communication skills - including the ability to convey information to non-technical colleagues in a concise and clear way
• An understanding of business processes and constraints.
Desired qualification requirements:
6 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C including Maths plus GCSE English (or equivalent) at grade D or above.
Monday to Friday,
9am to 5:30pm,
37.5 hours per week [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£12,500 per annum
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.