Active Webdezign is an award winning North London agency, embedded into the beautiful surroundings of Woodside Park.
They are a fun team of highly motivated individuals that love coffee and get things done.
They have a relaxed working atmosphere where every member's opinion is considered and valued highly.
Their motto is: "Nothing is impossible"!
They mainly build and support e-commerce platforms and Wordpress solutions but they also build the occasional bespoke system. All of their work is of high quality where every line of code matters and every pixel has its own story.
Active Webdezign are currently looking for a motivated apprentice designer and developer to join their team.
You will be working in a small team where you will get the opportunity to contribute beyond the boundaries of your role and learn as you go along.
- Working independently on the projects that are assigned to you
- Managing and executing the initial design and development phase
- Communicating with our clients on finding the best solution/implementation for a requirement
- Coding, Testing and assuring high quality output
- Troubleshooting technical issues
Desired qualities, skills and experiences:
Your core skills:
- Interest in learning web design and programming skills
- Some non-professional web development experience, show us a website you have created
- Basic Knowledge of Wordpress template creation and customisation
- Knowledge of using MySql preferred
- Any knowledge of API integration (Google Maps API/Paypal API)
As well as:
- Familiarity of e-commerce software (Magento, Woocommerce) a bonus
- Knowledge of jQuery
- Knowledge of Yii framework beneficial
- Managing and client relation skills
- General business sense
- Feeling for UI/UX designs
- Ability to create excellent wireframes/prototypes out of vague client's ideas
- Good understanding of best practices in web usability
Personal skills & attributes:
- Mature and independent
- A focus on quality and attention to detail
- Excellent communicator, both oral and written
- Motivated and self-driven
- Interest in new technologies and how they can be applied to projects senior web developer
You must have some experience with Web design, even if this is a personal project you have worked on.
Desired qualification requirements:
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
5 days per week,
Monday – Friday,
9:30am - 6pm,
35hrs per week [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£11,500 per annum
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.